New Jersey Keepers

Deacon

Arachnopeon
:spider: Decided to make this thread for anyone local to NJ who keeps T's on here. Looking to grow my collection as I've only just started this month.
Excited to meet you guys!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
:spider: Decided to make this thread for anyone local to NJ who keeps T's on here. Looking to grow my collection as I've only just started this month.
Excited to meet you guys!
Just moved out of jersey! Where are you located? There weren’t a lot of people I knew in Jersey that also we’re in the hobby. But I know of a pet store that routinely had a good variety of Tarantulas in stock

Last edited:

Deacon

Arachnopeon
Bummer! i'm in Monmouth county at the moment right by Asbury Park! Yeah doesn't seem like many people are into the hobby around here to be honest, I'd love to know the pet store though as a little drive is always better in my opinion then some shipping fees and such!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Bummer! i'm in Monmouth county at the moment right by Asbury Park! Yeah doesn't seem like many people are into the hobby around here to be honest, I'd love to know the pet store though as a little drive is always better in my opinion then some shipping fees and such!
Oh okay nice!! I was living pretty close In Toms River, right next door in ocean.

it’s actually not that far from you it’s in Jackson. Major league exotics. They’re prices are a little high on certain In demand species and but do always have a selection of tarantulas and pretty regularly get new stuff in they carry feeder roaches which was always helpful when I needed to stock up.
Just give them a call routinely and ask what they have in stock, that’s what I did and got lucky on a few T’s

Deacon

Arachnopeon
wow that's actually really close! Definitely gonna give them a call!!! Much appreciated!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
wow that's actually really close! Definitely gonna give them a call!!! Much appreciated!
They don’t exactly have the best care and the place kinda smells bad but for me it always beat paying 50 for overnight shipping being able to just go pick up a sling of juv after a short drive. Also meant I didn’t have to spend a ton of money on quality to make shipping worth it

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just moved out of jersey! Where are you located? There weren’t a lot of people I knew in Jersey that also we’re in the hobby. But I know of a pet store that routinely had a good variety of Tarantulas in stock
NJ sucks for herps and Ts. in terms of shows

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I'm from NJ as well, but quite a ways from Asbury Park. Opposite side of the state and quite a bit north.

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
This is old but I might as well add I'm a keeper of arachnids although not T's I have orb weavers, jumping spiders, and want some latrodectus soon, as well as keeping silkmoths, isopods, millies and some misc things! I wish there was an expo here. Or even over in philly, thered be a huge turnup if it finally happened.