New(ish) to the hobby

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself real quick.
I have two T's both inherited. I got my Mature female G. Rosea (Kira) from my mother and my immature pink toe (I'm not 100% sure but I'm fairly certain its avicularia avicularia) from my brother after he left for college. I've been thinking about getting another rosea but I haven't decided yet.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have two T's both inherited. I got my Mature female G. Rosea (Kira) from my mother and my immature pink toe (I'm not 100% sure but I'm fairly certain its avicularia avicularia) from my brother after he left for college. I've been thinking about getting another rosea but I haven't decided yet.
Hey and welcome :)

Id say your ready for a nice Brachypelma I recommend Brachypelma albopilosum :)

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Welcome to the hobby.
Maybe post a picture of your Avic and we can tell you what it is.
Also...Another G. Rosea? How about a Brachypelma vagans or smithi? There's a lot of different genus and species for you to look at. Everything you wanna know is here on the site. Just search for it. ;)

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Welcome to the hobby.
Maybe post a picture of your Avic and we can tell you what it is.
Also...Another G. Rosea? How about a Brachypelma vagans or smithi? There's a lot of different genus and species for you to look at. Everything you wanna know is here on the site. Just search for it. ;)
The reason I want another Rosea is I LITERALLY grew up with Kira and she's beginning to go downhill. (Just old age) She was mature and at least eight when my mother got her and that was when I was six (I'm nineteen now)

And I know another one can't actually replace her, but I've been around rosehairs my whole life. It would feel REALLY weird not to have one.

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Welcome to the hobby! This is the most addicting hobby ever :D I got my first T (Grammostola rosea) a month ago and I am now up to 15. Will be 17 when I get my latest shipment Saturday!

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Welcome to the hobby! This is the most addicting hobby ever :D I got my first T (Grammostola rosea) a month ago and I am now up to 15. Will be 17 when I get my latest shipment Saturday!
I live with my six year old sister and my father both of whom are major arachnophobes so I only have the two for now, but soon as I can

a. afford it
and
b. am living with only myself I am going to get more.
{D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Welcome.. My first was a rosea.. Now I have my 6...& my moms 5.. {D

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you go for a juvie or a sling, roseas are generally very cheap & you could get another species to go with it ;)

My personal favorite is the G. pulchripes for a nice, easy going species.

Or, if you really want a rosea, check out the RCF (red color form.) Same species, but even better looking ;)

possumburg

Arachnosquire
I live with my six year old sister and my father both of whom are major arachnophobes so I only have the two for now, but soon as I can

a. afford it
and
b. am living with only myself I am going to get more.
{D
My wife and I were both terrified of spiders before I got my Ts. It has helped us tremendously in getting over that fear. And such a fun hobby to boot!

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My wife and I were both terrified of spiders before I got my Ts. It has helped us tremendously in getting over that fear. And such a fun hobby to boot!
I was terrified when i was little and then Kira escaped one day and my mom wasn't home. The cat tried to eat her (which she quickly learned was a REALLY dumb idea) And I had to catch her and put her away. I've been fascinated ever since.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dang! You are about to just pass my collection up.. Aint you? {D

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Dang! You are about to just pass my collection up.. Aint you? {D
LOL I was doing ok until you came along and doubled my collection for me {D I really gotta slow down though or my whole house is gonna be T shelves lol. Theres just too many awesome Ts out there! Like someone said the other day, they are like Pokemon, you gotta get em all!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL I was doing ok until you came along and doubled my collection for me {D I really gotta slow down though or my whole house is gonna be T shelves lol. Theres just too many awesome Ts out there! Like someone said the other day, they are like Pokemon, you gotta get em all!
You know its not nice to point fingers & blame others! {D Wait until the LP & darlingi drop.. You can ave some of those babies to! :razz:

possumburg

Arachnosquire
You know its not nice to point fingers & blame others! {D Wait until the LP & darlingi drop.. You can ave some of those babies to! :razz:
Hey I'm not complaining, that sounds awesome! Your darlingi is particularly stunning BTW. Now I really gotta get me a dubia colony going to prepare for the LP lol. I hear they are quite the eaters.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey I'm not complaining, that sounds awesome! Your darlingi is particularly stunning BTW. Now I really gotta get me a dubia colony going to prepare for the LP lol. I hear they are quite the eaters.
They are good eaters.. My male that I just sold... He would eat anything & everything that went in his enclosure.. My female.. The big one that Terry held.. She dont eat that often..

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Slk, Welcome to the hobby! Now...... time to acquire more. {D

They are good eaters.. My male that I just sold... He would eat anything & everything that went in his enclosure.. My female.. The big one that Terry held.. She dont eat that often..
That it one huge, beautiful spider- very calm as well! Your mom's nickname fits perfectly "Your dinnerplate" :D

Terry

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm definitely going to get more but my dad set a two spider limit in his house (he doesn't know about the snake yet... but that's not mine. I"m just babysitting it.)

But once I move out in December I can start collecting more.