new intrest which one should i get?

web eviction

Arachnolord
K so I've kept tarantulas for a while now but here lately I've been really wanting to get a scorpion and I was just wondering which one ya'll might suggest for a beginner ? I don't really want an emperor as I had a few in the past, I'm gonna try to catch some wild ones today I used to catch them here when I was a kid so I know where to find them just dunno which sp. They are lol any suggestions are much appreciated

Just tryin to get the names of a few good beginner sp. So I can do my research before buying....

Last edited:

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Get one of the Hadrurus species. They are fairly active and defensize. They are good feeders. I like them a lot.

John

web eviction

Arachnolord
Thanks for your input I will look into this sp. know any good dealers to order scorps from?

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
Wish I lived were you do!
Ahhh So Jealous :p

Happy Hunting! (Hunting sounds like your going to kill them... But happy Capturing just doesn't sound right) {D

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Lol I thinks its still to cold out all I'm finding is centipedes and isopods...
damn its too cold where I am for even isopods, I ended up buying some from ken the bug guy for 10 bucks shipped :/ All I find are worms lol

And I am in WA lol

There are scorpions in OR? :confused:

web eviction

Arachnolord
damn its too cold where I am for even isopods, I ended up buying some from ken the bug guy for 10 bucks shipped :/ All I find are worms lol

And I am in WA lol

There are scorpions in OR? :confused:
Ya when I was about ten I caught them all the time not a lot but there here

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes in some parts of OR i can see there is scorpions. Lived in OR for 14years never saw one but thats just where i lived...Now im in WA and im pretty sure we dont have any unless they are in The Gorge area.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Web - The scorps in the springfield area are U. mordax, also called the mordant forest scorpion.

Ry and Rob - there are some P. boreus in the gorge and eastern Washington. There are U. mordax on the coast of south western Washington.

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
Thanks for your input I will look into this sp. know any good dealers to order scorps from?
Just check around, there are several.

Other species you could try: Hadogenes, Opistathalmus, most of the native species in the U.S. except Centruroides sculpturatus--it is more dangerous. Good luck.:)

web eviction

Arachnolord
Thank you for the replies, hopefully it will warm up some more here soon and I can collect a few...