New ideas for hides

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a B. emilia (one inch from toe to toe) that has, until now, had a cocohut as a hide. Now this hide is gigantic for him and i've been racking my brain for ideas for a smaller hide since that was the smallest thing they had at petco. Anyways, today i got a good idea and i took the smallest fish food bottle i have, emptied it out, and then i put a little substrate in it then laid it down and burried it in the KK so you cant see any of the plastic sticking out. It fits him perfectly and i think he's going to love his new hide! I just wanted to share this idea with people and hopefully it will be worth as much to someone else as it is to me!{D

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Go to Michaels or Walmart and they should have really small flower pots. I mean realllllyyyyyy small. They would work fine.

Edit: Oops I thought you were asking for hide ideas, well above is my idea for small Ts.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use the inverted bottom piece of an egg carton. It seem to work well, for a sling its big enough, it usually has two places to enter/leave, and they are cheap and easy.
I like your idea for the buried hide, good idea!

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i guess my slings are deprived....for all of mine under 1 1/2"-2" they stay in deli cups and dont get hides. but they seem to do fine anyway.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i used to use alot of the flower pots for hides but what i like to do now is just use pieces of corkbark setup with space underneath them for the tarantula to hide/burrow under.looks more natural and does the job fine.
somehting like this works well

Parkcitys

Arachnopeon
My little 1" b. vagans just got upgraded from a cut up section of egg carton to an old plastic prescription bottle with the end cut off so it's open at both ends. It's buried at an angle. He's been busily digging deeper at the other end of it for a week now and has a little layer of webbing around the entrance.