New Housing

Spoodie

Arachnopeon
Just got this lady yesterday. I set her up in a 12x12x18. I'm having a tough time finding good wood for her to climb up. My local pet stores don't have much, but I did the best I could. Any suggestions? 20211024_184149.jpg 20211024_184123.jpg 20211024_184213.jpg

Last edited:

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
i get a lot of my stuff from nature itself and then sterilize it before putting it into the enclosure - such as boiling it, baking it in oven, etc

Spoodie

Arachnopeon
Added another piece of greenery. I'm thinking about a third piece for the other side?
20211025_145957.jpg

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Did you make the ground a slope? I can't tell, but if you didn't have the substrate go a but uphill towards the back. Shocked the T is hanging on the glass

Spoodie

Arachnopeon
Did you make the ground a slope? I can't tell, but if you didn't have the substrate go a but uphill towards the back. Shocked the T is hanging on the glass

No, I didn't slope it. But I can definitely do that. She seems to really like that spot. There's now some webbing there and I haven't seen her move from there. She did eat today, though.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
No, I didn't slope it. But I can definitely do that. She seems to really like that spot. There's now some webbing there and I haven't seen her move from there. She did eat today, though.
is the wood wide enough she can climb on it? Does it have a flattish surface it can set up shop?
and yes, I'd add a bit more substrate to the back to give it some slope

Spoodie

Arachnopeon
yes, but with all that habitat there, one would figure it would move
She's been moving around today. She went down to the bottom and caught a cricket. She's been kinda wandering around after she ate that.

Spoodie

Arachnopeon
is the wood wide enough she can climb on it? Does it have a flattish surface it can set up shop?
and yes, I'd add a bit more substrate to the back to give it some slope
Yes, the wood has a wide surface at the top she can hang out on if she wants.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks like screen top- if so, replace it or your T can get injured or worse