New housing

Aferullo16

Arachnopeon
She looks good to me! I think every owner (myself included) has started by overestimating how much they need to eat, giving them way too much then being shocked that they don't eat for many months.

Depending on what kind of feeding response they have they might not stop eating until they can barely pick themselves up off the substrate (also relatable) then you have an overweight T that is at risk of injury.

This is less of a problem with slings, but definitely an issue with juveniles /adults
Thank you for the response. I've never had an issue with him not being able to pick himself up lol. But I definitely will keep any eye out for that as well. I just got worried when he stopped eating completely. Like I said before, he was such a good eater before this and I've never experienced him fasting before.

Aferullo16

Arachnopeon
That's a very healthy looking T. albopilosus. From the photos it looks identical to my Honduran. My other one I believe is Nicaraguan.

I can tell you it is normal for this species to fast at that size for a few months or more. Some of the time it's due to long pre-molts. Other times it just simply doesn't want to eat.

If you power feed and adult T. albo that could force them into a real long pre-molt phase.

Try feeding once every 2 weeks. If your albo still won't eat back off and only try once a month.

When mine was 4.5 inch dls it did exactly the same thing. When it hit 5 inches, (which was it's last molt) it went back to eating once every 2 weeks.

Either way your T is healthy so that's good. For me that is still a little too much height for it to climb in your enclosure.
Okay thank you for the info and i will definitely add more sub, i have a few bags just laying around 🤣

Aferullo16

Arachnopeon
So, I love that input, because I’m always curious what other people feeding schedules are! My thought is that they never really feed on a schedule in the wild… they eat when they can and don’t eat if they’re not hungry. I will admit I started feeding her that way when I started getting slings, since they eat SO much more frequently and I’d be like “…I don’t want to make you feel left out, here, have a superworm” but I’m definitely keeping the meals limited to small feeders (other than an occasional superworm) and watching for overweight! 😁 She doesn’t look TOO chooonky I think? View attachment 403554
Shes gorgeous!