New housing

Aferullo16

Arachnopeon
I rehoused my T 2 weeks ago and he wont eat. He just molted a month ago so I know hes not premolt. He took food before I rehoused him too. Twice he made a leap for the food but when he like realized what it was he backed away from it. He even threat posed it once. Is this normal after a rehouse?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Species, size, and pictures would help for starters. A visual would help on some insight.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
It seems like it's still adjusting to the enclosure to me. It doesn't seem dangerously or worrisome thin/skinny yet, so it's not too much to worry for the while. I would still try to offer a prey item every couple to few days to see if it's interested.

Aferullo16

Arachnopeon
It seems like it's still adjusting to the enclosure to me. It doesn't seem dangerously or worrisome thin/skinny yet, so it's not too much to worry for the while. I would still try to offer a prey item every couple to few days to see if it's interested.
Okay, thank you!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Abdomen is a decent size so it's not starving in any hurry (at that size it only really needs to eat once a month at most), probably still adjusting to the new setup.

Aferullo16

Arachnopeon
Is that water?? No wonder they haven't settled, that is a highly inappropriate setup for any T especially this one; they really will not like the Robinson Crusoe set up you have going on here, no wonder they are on the side of the enclosure.

Put them in an enclosure without water.
He has a water dish in the back. The tank isnt full of water. I think youre seeing the reflection of my blanket. Hes on the ground all the time. He needs a water dish to drink from. I really dont know what you are referring to. He seems to really enjoy his new set up. He loves the leaves in the corner. 20211003_173831.jpg

Hakuna

Arachnoknight
Set-up looks fine.

I think the reflection and perspective of the camera angle might be throwing people off :rofl:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I think the reflection and perspective of the camera angle might be throwing people off :rofl:
Yep, 2nd photo in the original post shows the height better, doesn't appear to be more than 1.5x the tarantula's leg span between the sub and the top so all good

Hakuna

Arachnoknight
heavy bodies terrestrials should have a distance no more than 1.5x DLS

That’s not the case in first photo

good luck- your Ts name may be Splat at some point
It’s the same enclosure and specimen, different angles for photos 1 and 2.

This specimen doesn’t have enough mass to go splat on that level and type of sub.

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
He has a water dish in the back. The tank isnt full of water. I think youre seeing the reflection of my blanket. Hes on the ground all the time. He needs a water dish to drink from. I really dont know what you are referring to. He seems to really enjoy his new set up. He loves the leaves in the corner. View attachment 401743
I apologise haha the reflection made it look so much like you had a pond going on in the enclosure... We've seen it before and will again

Aferullo16

Arachnopeon
I apologise haha the reflection made it look so much like you had a pond going on in the enclosure... We've seen it before and will again
Lol its okay. Im sure theres some people who dont know the difference between a mist and a water slide 🤣

Aferullo16

Arachnopeon
Update: I've been trying to feed him every 3 days. Today he attacked his water bowl when I filled it so I thought, ya know? Maybe the little guys finally hungry..he backed away from the food again! I left it in there for a few hours and he still won't go near it. It's been 4 weeks now. He LOVED superworms before his molt. Maybe I'll try a hornworm Monday even though I know those aren't all the time feeders but I know he loves those as well. I'm at a loss.