New housing for my Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens

ChrisTy

Arachnoaddict
So this is the new enclosure I made for my GBB. I am staring to feel more confident in my own enclosure set ups. I love hearing people's experiences in making their own set ups and what they have found that helps and what hinders. Please share your experiences with me. After making this one I am now contemplating on how to rehouse my B vagans once it finally finishes molting, as I am sure it will definitely need something new.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd like to see the same view of this setup after 2 months and maybe even further out to get an idea of how much space it will cover in web. Nice work.

ChrisTy

Arachnoaddict
I'd like to see the same view of this setup after 2 months and maybe even further out to get an idea of how much space it will cover in web. Nice work.
Thank you. I am excited to see how this one gets webbed! I will post update pictures as it progresses. I am curious to see how much space is utilized in this set up.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thank you. I am excited to see how this one gets webbed! I will post update pictures as it progresses. I am curious to see how much space is utilized in this set up.
Same here, I've seen such various usage of cages by AF GBB of the same size.

ChrisTy

Arachnoaddict
Update on my GBB. So here's his webbing so far. The cocnut shell is tipped up like a cave entrance and this little one has chosen to use it the most. I love watching the webbing progress so far. Almost 1 month since I first rehoused him into this enclosure. 20170204_184908.jpg 20170204_184913.jpg 20170204_184927.jpg 20170204_184942.jpg

8legfreak

Arachnosquire
I'd love to get one of these, but my wife is not so fond of prolific webbing... yet. :arghh:

ChrisTy

Arachnoaddict
If she has become ok with spiders so far, I would try and find some videos of the GBB and other webbing and have her watch some. I sat in my room staring at my Avic and GBB so many times for hours just watching them web. Once that fascination sets in the rest is history ;).
I'm still curious to see if my GBB will begin to web the rest of his enclosure. So far he has stayed to the one side. He didn't even bother with the coconut hide until I set it up like a cave facing the wall. He immediately jumped into it and made his web lair. That is now where he spends most of his time. I am hoping he does some more to this enclosure so I can post more updates and watch it grow.