New Heterometrus spp.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
So I just got this new Heterometrus, simply labeled "Asian Forest Scorpion" but it was 15 dollars, so I couldn't pass it up. I confirmed it's a male, but I am still very new to this, so please excuse my newbie questions.

How do I tell if the scorpion is content? Are they like the spiders, where a pet rock is a happy one? He's currently very active, and this worries me. He's not plump, but he's not thin, so I believe he's okay. I'll try to measure him, but I think this is a MM, do they act any different? I understand the basic requirements, I am just wondering those questions. I can and will post pictures soon. Should I move him into a larger enclosure? He's currently in an old enclosure my G. pulchripes was in, and I'm worried that if they are more active than a tarantula, if a larger, more spacious one would be better. by just guesstimating, I'd say he's maybe 5 or 6 inches long.

Thanks in advance, Jack.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
When added to a new enclosure they will explore more. Depending on the species and individual the activity level will vary. What is the size of your old G. pulchripes enclosure?

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Oops lol, L=13'' W=5.5'' H=6''
That's plenty of room lengthwise but the height is an issue as it limits the depth of substrate necessary to create a burrow. The width isn't an issue as your scorp won't be walking around with his tail extended when he turns.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
That's plenty of room lengthwise but the height is an issue as it limits the depth of substrate necessary to create a burrow. The width isn't an issue as your scorp won't be walking around with his tail extended when he turns.
Okay, so get an enclosure with larger or similar dimensions, but give him more height?

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Okay, so get an enclosure with larger or similar dimensions, but give him more height?
Yeah, more height for depth of substrate and extra width wouldn't hurt because it adds to the room for you to work with decor.