New Here...

901xtremeracing

Arachnopeon
Tarantulas cannot absorb moisture from the air -- the only way to help a dehydrated T is to give it drinking water.

If humidity is low, they dehydrate a little faster, and higher humidity can mean they don't dehydrate quite as quickly. However, if you see a shrunken or shriveled abdomen, your T is likely already dangerously dehydrated and needs to drink. No amount of misting or humidity will solve that. You'd have to put its mouth in the water in a clean water dish. As long as the abdomen is out of the water, it cannot drown.
Ok thank you

Sohki

Arachnopeon
Tarantulas cannot absorb moisture from the air -- the only way to help a dehydrated T is to give it drinking water.

If humidity is low, they dehydrate a little faster, and higher humidity can mean they don't dehydrate quite as quickly. However, if you see a shrunken or shriveled abdomen, your T is likely already dangerously dehydrated and needs to drink. No amount of misting or humidity will solve that. You'd have to put its mouth in the water in a clean water dish. As long as the abdomen is out of the water, it cannot drown.
Whoops... I didn't mean to imply that tarantulas could absorb moisture from the air, lol. XD By "you need more humidity", I just meant that the water requirements are obviously not being met in that case... I didn't mean that misting would save a dehydrated tarantula. Sorry for the confusion... my choice of words can be stupid sometimes, haha. XD