New haul picked up some of my favorites!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I just got back from picking up a few slings..

I ended up grabbing a C.fimbriatus, 2 A.versicolor and 2 of what is possibly my favorite species of all.. P. irminia...

Honestly I'm posting this just because I am so damn happy to have tiny little irminia back in my life that I needed to share the news.. I love watching them go from little scaredy cats to over confident maniacal speed demons!

Pics to come when I can get proper deli containers set up..

Feel free to discuss anything you would like about any of these species on this thread..

Last edited:

Andy00

Arachnoknight
Wow what a beautiful assortment of T's and color! I have a versicolor and a Cambridgei. I really want an irminia and then someday get a chilobrachys but I'm definitely not ready for that chilo speed. Definitely send Pictures of before and after the webbing in the enclosures

cold blood

Staff member
What kind of experience do you have? C. fimbratus is a killer:anxious:, have you read the bite reports?:astonished: Do you have family or pets? :astonished::astonished::smug:

Hehehe, nice pick up @14pokies , gotta love Psalmopeous species!!

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Nice! Congrats :) I just got my first irminias, a male and female. The male is shy, the female is my only T so far to give me a full on threat display. All I did was open her enclosure!

Great species :)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Here you go all rehoused except for one versi sling.. I miscounted my deli or lost one who knows! I'll set her up in the am..

First pic Is the C.fimbriatus 20160924_225046.jpg

Enclosure of P.irminia 1.. It is already hiding at the bottom of the cork
20160924_224754.jpg

P.irminia 2 the exhibitionist..Lol 20160924_224511.jpg

A.versicolor 1 20160924_205453.jpg

Last edited:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Wow what a beautiful assortment of T's and color! I have a versicolor and a Cambridgei. I really want an irminia and then someday get a chilobrachys but I'm definitely not ready for that chilo speed. Definitely send Pictures of before and after the webbing in the enclosures
Yea chilos are fast! Funny enough though he entered his enclosure like a gentleman! No fuss at all! Lol..

Will do I love the web shots myself!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
What kind of experience do you have? C. fimbratus is a killer:anxious:, have you read the bite reports?:astonished: Do you have family or pets? :astonished::astonished::smug:

Hehehe, nice pick up @14pokies , gotta love Psalmopeous species!!
Thanks man.. Really? I hope I don't get bit.. My only other T was a Grubbystola Rosespottery aphno zebra birdeater.. It was like 18 inches so I should be ok.. Right? Lol

Last edited:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Nice! Congrats :) I just got my first irminias, a male and female. The male is shy, the female is my only T so far to give me a full on threat display. All I did was open her enclosure!

Great species :)
Yea they can be very dramatic! Both of these guys are wimps so far.. They just bolted like crazy..
Unfortunately after getting them home and checking them out I realized they are in desperate need of crickets..

Poor little anorexic buggers.. I'll have them eating kittens in no time!.. Umm crickets..ya crickets ;-)

cold blood

Staff member
my only other T was a Grubbystola Rosespottery aphno zebra birdeater.. It was like 18 inches so I should be ok.. Right? Lol
Is yours female? I have a 15" MM ready to go...I didn't know anyone else had that species.:eek:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I have to get some fake plants tomorrow also.. I forgot I gave mine away to a needy Avic.. Lol

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats! I love the irminias. That P. pulcher that I just got, it is insane! Its barely 1.5"-1.75", and it has so much character. I just breathe wrong and it goes crazy. Its one that I have to watch during feedings. Just to be sure I don't breathe the wrong way and it bolts! Hahah. Psalmos are awesome!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Congrats! I love the irminias. That P. pulcher that I just got, it is insane! Its barely 1.5"-1.75", and it has so much character. I just breathe wrong and it goes crazy. Its one that I have to watch during feedings. Just to be sure I don't breathe the wrong way and it bolts! Hahah. Psalmos are awesome!
Thanks man!

From what I hear pulcher are really high strung even for Psalmos.. You might be in for a hand full when she is around 4 inches Lol.. But IMO The ones with attitude are the most fun!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Ps.. Just too put some minds at rest I got some fake plants in with the irminia and versi.. I stole some from my nephews Avic terrarium..

It will be interesting to see if he notices! ;-)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks man!

From what I hear pulcher are really high strung even for Psalmos.. You might be in for a hand full when she is around 4 inches Lol.. But IMO The ones with attitude are the most fun!
I love the high strung ones. Keeps things interesting!

Sadly, (and I hope I am wrong) I think my pulcher is a male. I could be completely wrong and we all know how accurate ventral sexing is. But I'm guessing male.

As soon as I get a viable molt, I'll confirm gender. Lol

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
C. fimbriatus are so cool, that sp has been very high on my wish list for a while now. Great picks on the rest of em too!

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
That is awesome @14pokies, love all of those species! That chilobrachys will be a webbing machine hopefully ;) Also, the nephew will definitly notice. The great part will be when he asks for them back and you say that their in irminia cages... those leaves are as good as yours :). Got some nice webbers, you should post pics when they web it all up!

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
My little P. irminia must've skipped the scaredy cat stage haha, went straight to throwing up threat poses at barely 1 inch.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
C. fimbriatus are so cool, that sp has been very high on my wish list for a while now. Great picks on the rest of em too!
Mine has shown insane growth since I got it in July. It's skittish and has been a pet hole so far. It's been a fun species to keep. I just wish I could get a decent photo of it. :)

Last edited:

Amimia

Arachnosquire
I have a MM P. irminia, got him when he was like 2"?? I hoenstly don't remember but I'm definitely replacing him when he goes. Only one I've had but I gotta say I love the irminias so far.
Also have a little versi, about an inch, maybe an inch and a half. Had it for like a year. Don't think I've ever had an avic I don't like (but really I've only had Ts for like 3 years so I wouldn't say I have much experience)
I've heard of C. fimbriatus but I really don't know much about them at all!
Anyway there you go that's my ramble that adds nothing to the conversation ;) congrats on them!