New Hadruris arizonesis refusing food

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i bought an H. arizonesis 2 days ago and he has refused food. He had been actively (or so it seemed) hunting at night but the cricket ended up just dead in a corner (seemingly natural death) in a corner today. Is this cause for concern at all or has he just decided to fast for a while? He's in a 2.5 gal. on exoterra desert sand at 3 inch depth right now. He's going to be moved to a substrate of 60% sand 40% peat that will be soaked, packed and dried out to a depth of 4-5". Also, he doesn't need uv? His bulb now has it, but will be switched out today. The uv is bothersome to their eyes, iv'e read;this is correct? He spends his day under his hide out of the light.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i bought an H. arizonesis 2 days ago and he has refused food. He had been actively (or so it seemed) hunting at night but the cricket ended up just dead in a corner (seemingly natural death) in a corner today. Is this cause for concern at all or has he just decided to fast for a while? He's in a 2.5 gal. on exoterra desert sand at 3 inch depth right now. He's going to be moved to a substrate of 60% sand 40% peat that will be soaked, packed and dried out to a depth of 4-5". Also, he doesn't need uv? His bulb now has it, but will be switched out today. The uv is bothersome to their eyes, iv'e read;this is correct? He spends his day under his hide out of the light.
A 2 day fast is nothing to worry about. They don't need any artificial light, being nocturnal. They could use some extra heat in the summer, but this time of year roo temps are fine, and could be good for it.

John

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thank you =) i turned off the lamp and hope he gets a bit happier (especially after i redo the sub).

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wooosh!, the holidays are OK but glad to be back home. I wouldn't worry about it not eating either, mine haven't eaten in 5 months.