New grammostola Austriatum

basiljabber

Arachnopeon
Hi im new and just ordered a 4-5cm (1.5"-2")grammostola austriatum/chako gold knee
It should be here by this time tomorrow.

I was wandering since average temps here are 35+ this summer will this be a problem ? I dont have an aircondition(i usually dont stay at the dorms at summer;P)
and since its small should i put a bowl with water in the tank ot just spray every now and then? I know the caresheet for an adult of its kind but havent really seen anyone mentioning how they should grow in their middle stages so... :razz:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
its actually Grammostola aureostriata ;)
should be able to find some caresheets online no prob.try google

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi im new and just ordered a 4-5cm (1.5"-2")grammostola austriatum/chako gold knee
It should be here by this time tomorrow.

I was wandering since average temps here are 35+ this summer will this be a problem ? I dont have an aircondition(i usually dont stay at the dorms at summer;P)
and since its small should i put a bowl with water in the tank ot just spray every now and then? I know the caresheet for an adult of its kind but havent really seen anyone mentioning how they should grow in their middle stages so... :razz:
if it's only 1.5-2" i would say just mist the side of the enclosure till she gets a bit larger. i wouldn't even put in a dish til she gets to be maybe 2.5-3". and by 35+ you mean celsius, right? if that's the case, even with the air conditioning on, it probably won't drop the inside temperature too much. i wouldn't worry as long as the overall temperature is at least around 21-22 C (70F)

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Most all of my slings that size have a small partially filled soda cap for a water dish. 35+ (95+) is pretty warm in my opinion - but don't ask me as i hate the heat of summer!! My AC did not work last summer and i doubt it will be fixed for this year either. Just looking online at ceiling fans myself!!