new father

razor244

Arachnopeon
hey everyone im paul. just got my first two tarantulas today. ive always enjoyed exotic pets , i have a african grey , jardine parrot 6 ft red tail boa and a 4 ft mexican kingsnake all since they were babys . my girlfriend finally agreed that that tarantulas are awsome. i got a sub adult rosehair since they are good for beginners like myself to start with and a baby salmon pink birdeater . im still a little nervous about raising such a tiny little baby, i also find raising a pet from its earliest stage to be the most rewarding .

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Aww congrats on the new additions, and welcome to the board :)

I agree that raising babies is very rewarding.
I mostly have slings and they are always doing something.
The juvies are a bit more established and don't molt as often, or eat as often.

Congrats again on your new friends, and post pictures once they are all settled in their new homes :)

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats.

I have a Grey, had my boy Max now 23 yrs. What a character:}

PIG-

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was nervous about raising a sling at first too but theres nothing to it! If you cant find small enough feeders they will scavenge. You can buy crickets and feed them a cricket leg. Keep the substrate moist as they don't need a water dish until they're bigger.

L.Parahybana grow fast too which is good.

razor244

Arachnopeon
they both seem to be settling in pretty well. i wasnt sure if they would eat right away but sure enough they loved their dinner. i took a pic of the rosea, eating , ill have to get one of the LP next

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats and welcom! I'm sure this'll just be the start. Tarantulas are like Poke'mon. Once you have that species you really wanted, you'll find another you have to get.

Come back with questions if you need any help, and keep the pics coming!

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Show your girlfriend a green bottle blue or a Avicularia versicolor. {D:D

I love getting slings. They kind of grow up with you - them in size and you in understanding their traits.