New enthusiast looking for basic advice.

LuckyScorps14

Arachnopeon
I became introduced to the AZ Bark scorpion last week. I now am obsessed with preventing Phoenix residents from killing them and become more familiar and understanding of the inverts purpose here. I only have 9 days of experience and research under my belt. Any info would be great and I’m looking to expand my collection every day. I currently have 70+ barkies in my possession. Thank you

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's awesome man! I dont think you'll get many people to quit killing them but it's always worth a shot. Keep them similar to the environment that you find them in. Obviously desert species prefer dry hot conditions and tropicals prefer humid n hot. They're not very difficult to keep and are low maintenance. Most people feed once or twice a week. Avoid stings from centruroides sculpturatus I believe that's the only "hotter" scorpion in that area.

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Yes. I’m currently educating myself to each species here in the desert. I’m heading out to find the desert hairy tonight.
Are you planning on keeping all 70? Because that's quite a lot...

Hit me up with bulk sales if you are planning on selling :rofl:

Mordax8393

Arachnoknight
The unfortunate fact is that convincing people not to kill scorpions is borderline impossible (though I reccomend you try, and it will be awesome if you succeed)

Anyway, pm me and I'll give you some tips on finding scorpions in AZ and which species to look out for (because they are rare/undescribed)

LuckyScorps14

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the info. It’s a very interesting species. The behavior is radical and obsessive.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm assuming you are getting them from your neighbors yards. If so, good luck educating your neighbors. Try to explain how many roaches they can eat in a month.