New Enclosure: Will it work for an A. Avic?

BrandonJoestar

Arachnopeon
Just picked up an Avic (Pink toe) and made an new enclosure. I saw they should have longer pieces of cork bark but these where the only pieces I could find and work with. Will it be okay in here? IMG_20200731_101259.jpg IMG_20200731_101251.jpg

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Looks fine to me the way it is. Could use a few more ventilation holes

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I'd add more enclosures to that substrate, and I'd drill more avics. You can use more water caps to help webbing and add more leafs on top to help her hydrate.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
It was simulated dyslexia 🤪
I have real dyslexia and had to reread that a few times to make sure I was not going crazy 😝

Also, I have trouble getting cork bark where I live. I have been making backgrounds out of bark I process that I gather from my dads non sprayed yard (there is a lot of space) and I glue it to styrofoam and fill in the spaces between the spaces with glued cocoa fibre. Did this for my avic and they really seem to appreciate it. ( I know the enclosure is a bit big for this size of sling but the inverted cup enclosure was too small after the last molt)

Attachments

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I have real dyslexia and had to reread that a few times to make sure I was not going crazy 😝

Also, I have trouble getting cork bark where I live. I have been making backgrounds out of bark I process that I gather from my dads non sprayed yard (there is a lot of space) and I glue it to styrofoam and fill in the spaces between the spaces with glued cocoa fibre. Did this for my avic and they really seem to appreciate it. ( I know the enclosure is a bit big for this size of sling but the inverted cup enclosure was too small after the last molt)
Hahahahahaha, my girldfriend has too xD the best part is that she gets confussed with left and right, It was epic while we were kayaking in Menorca 😂😂😂😂😂 I had to change from left to right to white or orange (paddle colours) 😂😂😂

BrandonJoestar

Arachnopeon

Awesome! I may consider making a background for my future arboreal enclosures, looks it'll help a lot!

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Awesome! I may consider making a background for my future arboreal enclosures, looks it'll help a lot!
http://instagr.am/p/CDSUMLehR5w/ Here is a shot that shows more of the enclosure. She ended up making a web hammock on the one smaller branch. My Avic has so far not been a heavy webber. I have had her since she was quite small. She has no problem going down to grab meal worms I drop in.

If you have a more reclusive arboreal you can make a hide with a peek window too: http://instagr.am/p/CB4fgpnB-N9/
It works great with my pokie. My avic usually hangs out a lot so I added some coverage but did not build in a hide like this.