New enclosure for P. muticus

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
I set up a new enclosure for my P. muticus.
any and all input greatly appreciated.
@Chris LXXIX your the expert on this species. Anything i should change?
Would the queen approve?

2017-05-08 21.40.25.jpg 2017-05-08 21.39.39.jpg

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
First, I'm not an 'expert' at all. I've never claimed something like that in regards of P.muticus :)

I am the first and only one that started the Cult of the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her), true. This is true, but different.

Not my fault if others, during time, failed to realize and accept the Benign Mother :-s

Second, I'm happy that you are into OW's, ah ah.

Third, if you provided the right inches of substrate, it's ok. To me the things you offered are a bit "gigantic" but whatever, they could work. Don't exaggerate with moisture (you offered a large water dish) sooner he/she will disappear down under.

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
The sub is bone dry,,, it's a mix of topsoil and cocofibre. The water dish is big but shallow.

And I know I went over the top but I wanted it befit royalty :astonished:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
The sub is bone dry,,, it's a mix of topsoil and cocofibre. The water dish is big but shallow.

And I know I went over the top but I wanted it befit royalty :astonished:
Bravo! No one today respect anymore Traditions and Hierarchy :)

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Looks really good to be honest. However this tarantula won't utilize the sticks and plants you have in there. It's going to make a burrow that goes straight to the bottom of the enclosure. My P.muticus is my favorite tarantula in my collection. Give it plenty of dirt, you cannot give it enough so there is no fear of over doing it.

Attachments

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Looks good but I would be afraid that it might start digging under some of those sticks. If one were to fall onto her it may injure her pretty badly..

I have two female P.muts and they have coco fiber that is double there lengths (DLS) in depth a half round piece of cork where I wanted them to start a burrow a water dish and nothing else.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
That tank looks nice. Keep in mind, the looks are for your benefit only. The P muticus needs dirt and a dish, only. She's going to the bottom and could care less what you put above.
If you can force the burrow to the side, you will at least enjoy seeing her from time to time.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
My P.muticus is my favorite tarantula in my collection.
Oh, a Brother from Utah! I hope that my heart will survive this angelic news! :pompous:

Please help me to build the Church/Mosque/Synagogue/Temple/Bonfire of the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) in Utah, Brother.

That marvellous land kissed by God needs to be Evangelized about the Greatness of our Benign Mother, our Hissing Lady strong like Africa red earth but forgiving like a wise grandmother, and so forth :)

Please take care Brother. Praise the Goddess!

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Looks good but I would be afraid that it might start digging under some of those sticks. If one were to fall onto her it may injure her pretty badly..

I have two female P.muts and they have coco fiber that is double there lengths (DLS) in depth a half round piece of cork where I wanted them to start a burrow a water dish and nothing else.
Thanks, Those 2 large sticks in the middle go all the way to the bottom, attached to a large piece of flat slate. No way to go under or move.

All the pieces on top are cork bark. Nice and safe.
I know the decor is for my benifit. If it looks nice my wife tolerates them being here;).

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Thanks, Those 2 large sticks in the middle go all the way to the bottom, attached to a large piece of flat slate. No way to go under or move.

All the pieces on top are cork bark. Nice and safe.
I know the decor is for my benifit. If it looks nice my wife tolerates them being here;).
Oh cool no worries then!

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Oh, a Brother from Utah! I hope that my heart will survive this angelic news! :pompous:

Please help me to build the Church/Mosque/Synagogue/Temple/Bonfire of the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) in Utah, Brother.

That marvellous land kissed by God needs to be Evangelized about the Greatness of our Benign Mother, our Hissing Lady strong like Africa red earth but forgiving like a wise grandmother, and so forth :)

Please take care Brother. Praise the Goddess!
My P.muticus is only about an inch and a half in size. I love its attitude, it is my only tarantula that gets defensive when I drop in a roach and goes to threat posture right away. When the roach gets too close, game over.