New Emperor.... I think. :)

Buggzter

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! My family just picked up a new emperor scorp from a local, nice price too! Due to so many mis-IDs out there, once been looking around to be sure. I am about 80% on emperor, 20% no clue.

Hubby is out buying the proper substrate stuff now, so forgive the hermit crab travel cage.

This is our second scorp, first is a dune so very different environments needed for sure! New adventure in invert keeping. :)

Attachments

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Hi everyone! My family just picked up a new emperor scorp from a local, nice price too! Due to so many mis-IDs out there, once been looking around to be sure. I am about 80% on emperor, 20% no clue.

Hubby is out buying the proper substrate stuff now, so forgive the hermit crab travel cage.

This is our second scorp, first is a dune so very different environments needed for sure! New adventure in invert keeping. :)
Congratulations that is a Pandinus ssp easily identified by the heavy cowhide leather granulation on its claws. Aside from the very rare H.swammerdami and other rare Heterometrus ssp, no commonly offered Asian Forest Scorpion has any of this heavy cowhide leather granulation. This little guy can easily fetch $50-60 if sold by a knowledgeable seller.

Last edited:

Buggzter

Arachnopeon
Thank you so much! Picked it up for only $30, so I'm pretty stoked! Looking forward to studying this scorp as it hunts and explores. :)

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Thank you so much! Picked it up for only $30, so I'm pretty stoked! Looking forward to studying this scorp as it hunts and explores. :)
You're welcome, Emps are awesome pets. One of the largest and gentlest in the world. If you have any more questions here is the perfect forum. ;)