New Divided Scorpion Enclosure!

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Just thought I'd share my newly made terrarium for my Hadogenes sp. scorps that are arriving. I took a spare 20 gallon long terrarium with a sliding mesh lid and divided it into 3 enclosure for the adults. Just used some standard sealant from Home Depot as well as some 11"x14" acrylic pieces with 1/4" thickness also from Home Depot. Most if not all supplies were from there, they have everything for building or customizing a terrarium :D Think it looks good, going to let it sit before adding any sub or hides. Seems to hold up well :D Made a sub that is 3 parts sand and 1 part organic topsoil for them and letting it dry out for a couple of days. Just thought to share, first time doing anything like this. Will update with pics of scorps and full enclosures when they happen.

Thanks for reading, Abyss

Attachments

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Looks good I like the idea for multiple scorps. Only thing I would be concerned about is the sealant? Did you use clear silicone, type one? type two has an anti fungal/mold chemical in it which will probably kill inhabitants I know in fish tank builders scene it kills fish even after curing. If the package states it has anti mildew/mold/fungus additives on it that's not safe.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Shoudn't be a problem with the sealant I used. There is a pic below, but it doesn't say anything about mold resistance or anti fungus. Thank goodness, I picked the right one :D It's just clear sealant. Love this idea with these and other desert scorps just because it's a nice and easy to use for very arid species. Can't be used with T's, bur should look nice as a display to keep familiar species near each other :)

Attachments

Last edited:

LilTwister123

Arachnopeon
I've been wanting two do this with my scorps too. I'm currently cohabbing two heterometrus babies, but I'm so scared of them turning aggressive when they're bigger

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Oh, got it. Eventually, I'd like to use this kind of setup to save save for scorplings too :D A 5 gallon would work well with this type of setup, and it's super easy to do. As long as you go to home depot, getting the materials is a snap. You should do it, as long as you take your time, it usually turns out well ;)

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Finally cured and added hides and sub. Nice mix of sand and soil. Not too much, tried to use terracotta pots as hides, cheap and (hopefully) effective :D Heat lamp is just for drying out the sub... a little damp from the topsoil.

Attachments