Tomorrow I'll be getting:

0.0.2 Chiliobrachy electric slings

1.1.0 Xenesthis immanis pair

1.1.0 Theraphosa stirmi juvenile pair 5-7"

0.0.1 Idiothele mira sling freebie

0.0.2 Euathlus sp. 'Red' slings ¼"

0.0.3 Acanthoscurria geniculata slings ¾-1"

0.0.1 H incei freebie

This will be my first time owning anything from the chiliobrachy, Xenesthis, idiothele, and Euathlus genus'.

But I did my research and I've come to terms knowing most of these I won't see much besides a few blurs at feeding time lol.

Even though I've heard Euathlus is a slow growing genus and I'm not fond of slow growers I still decided to take them on because I've heard a lot of people raving about them.... So they're a little something different for me.

The items below are what I'll be using for some of these Ts, I have to wait until I see them in person to match them up with their proper enclosures. Sometimes when I get Ts in the mail they're bigger/smaller than what I thought they'd be.

kooky

Arachnosquire
well funny enough, out of all the slings i have, one of my euathlus has actually moulted before the others and is already the biggest by quite a bit. I'm hoping this fast growth wont be an indication of it being a male but still. :p

Sana

Arachnoprince
Those look like things that I use for enclosures frequently. They have all worked for me just fine. Are you feeling solid on your husbandry? Do you need clarification on anything?

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
well funny enough, out of all the slings i have, one of my euathlus has actually moulted before the others and is already the biggest by quite a bit. I'm hoping this fast growth wont be an indication of it being a male but still. :p
I hope I have this same growth speed.

Do you feed yours a lot?

How hot is your house?

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Those look like things that I use for enclosures frequently. They have all worked for me just fine. Are you feeling solid on your husbandry? Do you need clarification on anything?
The I Mira/Euathlus red are pet holes?

How often do you see your red @kooky ?

kooky

Arachnosquire

i have two. The larger, since it moulted is always out in the open. The smaller one tends to sit in its hole until the evening and its out. I feed them every other day, they either eat it or dont. I just keep doing that until they go into premoult. I have noticed they do fast for a few weeks before moulting. Mine didnt eat for about 2 weeks, but it only fully buried itself the day before moutling. Ill be feeding the freshly moulted one in a few days to make sure its fangs are hardened.
I live in the Uk so my house is probably about 22-24 at any give time, maybe a bit less or a bit more. Its always hotter in the evenings though, and its quite humid at times as well.

there is quite a difference in growth between my two sp/red though. i got them at the same time and same size but the larger one is probably at least .5" bigger if not more, which is making me think it might be a male. Ik its not a reliable way to tell but i got suspicions it may be.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor

My E. sp. Red sling is definitely not a pet hole. In fact, it is the only tarantula which gets handled now and then, with the sling making the decision, lol. I'm not in the handling team, but this one defies me by walking boldly on my hand the first chance it gets, walking like it owns tge place, making those cute avic steps...

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Most Euathlus are almost always out in the open.

My I. mira seems to be out more than most. It had made funnel web hide on one side with small trapdoor on opposite side. It stays on the open side mostly though.

Heres my AF I. mira
image.jpeg

My Euathlus sp. yellow are always on the move. I think its hide is basically obsolete :rofl:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
My I. mira seems to be out more than most. It had made funnel web hide on one side with small trapdoor on opposite side. It stays on the open side mostly though.

Heres my AF I. mira
Wow, mine haven't webbed like that at all. It dug down to the bottom and made a chamber. Then fixed a trap door in place and it's only laid very light webbing on the surface. It really looks like a dirt lump on top of a clear box of soil. They are out on occasion though and I've got some nice shots of them.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Wow, mine haven't webbed like that at all. It dug down to the bottom and made a chamber. Then fixed a trap door in place and it's only laid very light webbing on the surface. It really looks like a dirt lump on top of a clear box of soil. They are out on occasion though and I've got some nice shots of them.
Hahah yea, thats exactly what all but one of my slings have done. The silk in one of their enclosures is redic. It looks like a dirt door then plastic tube aha

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
For sure, the trapdoors are every bit as cool as you hope they will be...and he got another great freebie as well in the incei, theyre a great species, too.
True. I love them also. Thats a beautiful freebie that will make an awesome web. I still havent acquired one but for sure its on the list. I never saw he was getting that as a freebie until i checked again.

You are one lucky dog :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I. mira is a pet hole. They are a trap door tarantula, good luck viewing it! The less you feed them, the more you will see their grey/blue feet. Feed them a lot, and you will never see them generally speaking.

Reds are not quite like I mira. They are out often, but others, not so much. My younger Red is in its burrow 23/7 hah. My AF female out almost all the time.

View media item 34722

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Most Euathlus are almost always out in the open.

Heres my AF I. mira
View attachment 219797

My Euathlus sp. yellow are always on the move. I think its hide is basically obsolete :rofl:

Your I. Mira (the T pictured) looks like an
Harpactira pulchripes, I've never realized until now much these two species look alike

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
So its safe to say the items above that I'll be using for enclosures will all work except for obviously the Immanis Pair and the stirmi pair correct?

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
If I use soil it can't have fertilizer in it correct?

I think there was something else too ???