New Centruroides

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
A friend of mine just gave this little guy to me. I love watching him eat. He doesn't mess around! He is from the Phoenix, AZ area. What species do you suppose he is? C. exilicauda?

Attachments

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Looks like it to me. Nice little critters, aren't they?

Cheers,
Dave

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yes, he is so neat. He is absolutely brutal when it comes to feeding. It looks like I have another hobby! How often do you feed yours? I fed him a large cricket and the next morning it looked like his sides were bulging. That is when I took the picture. I don't want to overfeed him.

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey

How did he approach to to attack the cricket? Did it sting it many times?

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Well, I have an enclosure of 21 adults and an unknown number of little babies running around. Every Saturday or Sunday we feed our inverts and at that time I will throw in a bunch of crickets. I don't know how often the individual is eating. For C.exilicauda, I imagine that one appropriately sized meal item per week would be a good average.

Cheers,
Dave

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Skinheaddave,

Thanks. I will try that feeding schedule out.

Alonso99,

He stung the cricket once and it struggled free. He than approached it again and gave it a couple more stings. Finally he seized it firmly and stung it a couple more times at the base of the head. I can hardly wait to feed him again!

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
If its from the Phoenix area it is definitely a C.exilicauda...C.vittatus do not reside that far west...remember the venom is possibly of medical significance so be careful...

John
];')

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Kugellager
If its from the Phoenix area it is definitely a C.exilicauda...C.vittatus do not reside that far west...remember the venom is possibly of medical significance so be careful...

John
];')
Thanks for the info!

-Gilbert