New centipedes: Alipes, 'blue' vanuatu, etc.

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Just got a new 'morph' of Vanuatu -- much more blue than the others I've seen thus far. Made a comparison pic between the two types. What do you guys think - regional variance? They're about the same size.

Attachments

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Feather tail...

I had never seen these in person close-up before. The tail segments almost look like fly or cricket wings!

Attachments

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
"Red head"

At first these look a lot like the Vietnamese, but the legs have distinct reddish tips (my other Vietnamese don't have that) and the head is a lighter shade of red by comparison. The body also seems to be almost 'reddish green' which doesn't make much sense, but the pic sort of brings that out...

Attachments

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: Feather tail...

Originally posted by invertepet
The tail segments almost look like fly or cricket wings!
Neat phenomenon, I never looked for a pic of this species before. Neat looking!

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: "Red head"

At first these look a lot like the Vietnamese, but the legs have distinct reddish tips (my other Vietnamese don't have that) and the head is a lighter shade of red by comparison. The body also seems to be almost 'reddish green' which doesn't make much sense, but the pic sort of brings that out...
That must be a regional variance, because like you stated, the standard vietnamese is without the redder head and leg tips. Mine doesn't have these subtle differences either.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Re: Feather tail...

I had never seen these in person close-up before. The tail segments almost look like fly or cricket wings!

Funny thing is, I JUST submitted a post about these...

Peace,
Gillian

(oooohh, Gillian like!)