New Centipede Lover

Mathayus

Arachnosquire
I have kept tarantulas and scorpions before, but never centipedes. I've got a Scolopendra subspinipes "Tiger Leg" coming my way soon and I haven't found many reliable sources on basic care for it. Temp? Humidity? Should i just keep the leggy guy like a P. imperator?

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How big is the one you're getting? They're simple, just keep them humid and warm with plenty of substrate to burrow in. And an escape proof container is a must.

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How big is the one you're getting? They're simple, just keep them humid and warm with plenty of substrate to burrow in. And an escape proof container is a must.
They are escape artist!! so be careful....and welcome to the club :clap: soon just one won't do..:D

Mathayus

Arachnosquire
Right now it's about 1". Yeah, im definately getting an absolutely ecape-proof container for him (a friend of mine had a full grown S. subspinipes that got out and ate his little brother's pet hamster). I guess pedes are like scropions and tarantulas and potato chips: you can never have just one! :D

Mathayus

Arachnosquire
Well, he's heading this way thanks to Ken The Bug Guy, by far the best invert seller I've had the pleasure of supporting. (I was not payed to say that hahaha) I can't wait :D