New Centipede Cage and New Centipedes

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I found this great centipede cage at Target for $5. I've never seen one as big, maybe 2.5 gallon, big enough for gigantea even.

I also picked up a group of Chinese red heads at a reptile show this past weekend. These supposedly were kept for a while and they don't show any major health issues (other than a messed up tergite on one) so hopefully there will be no 'import die-off'.

Attachments

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hehe, i love those containers. fashioned one into an enclosure for my P. murinus a few months back but i'm probably going to move her. good to know i could put a pede in there once i get around to buying one.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Nice haul, but damn that's a lot of cheese balls. Roach food?

Gnat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ive got 2 containers that size i got at Wal Mart that were filled with cheese puffs. one is for my S. subspinipes and the other if for my H. maculata. they work great for housing centipedes.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
I got a container just like that but only half as deep from Costco with organic cookies my wife wanted to get for after school snacks. I told her we will be getting another container when that one goes empty.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey y'all. I give it about a month and my P ornata three will be wearing their sterilite one-liters like spandex. Recently two separate family members couldn't resist the urge after a fit of "woudja look at the size of that cheeseball jar!!" and bought a couple of 'em....:barf::barf::p{D

Anyway, I figured that after having tasted a product that bad I might better break out the pressure washer and scour them before using- wouldn't want 'em to break out dancin' in some new, cheesy version of dks now would we? Just kidding, but I think they'd make decent enclosures. I'll let y'all know. :)

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Anyway, I figured that after having tasted a product that bad I might better break out the pressure washer and scour them before using- wouldn't want 'em to break out dancin' in some new, cheesy version of dks now would we? Just kidding, but I think they'd make decent enclosures. I'll let y'all know. :)
Lol they aren't bad.

mmmm, cheese balls :drool: :D

I'm with Steven, I love cheeseballs lol

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Awesome purchase on the enclosure, but I must ask, what did you do with all of those cheeseballs? :}

Gnat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the ones in my containers went to feed my girlfriends pet pig :p

jt39565

Arachnoknight
i can't find these at my local walmart

Walmart has some similar only its pork rinds instead of cheese balls.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
omg cheese balls....those would last me... 2hrs...

Sooner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I found this great centipede cage at Target for $5. I've never seen one as big, maybe 2.5 gallon, big enough for gigantea even.

I also picked up a group of Chinese red heads at a reptile show this past weekend. These supposedly were kept for a while and they don't show any major health issues (other than a messed up tergite on one) so hopefully there will be no 'import die-off'.
Did you finish building that cage?? I would love to see how it looks now!

Sooner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I couldn't resist so I bought one of those cheese ball containers. For 5 bucks to feed a bunch of friends for the Super Bowl and get a centipede container, too enticing!

scoloclown

Arachnopeon
they have similar ones at Sam's Club. i got one and am currently housing an A. avicularia right now.