New C. Fimbriatus

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my c. fimbriatus will be here tomorrow....need some info on care...i know they are burrowers and like humidity...anything else?

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my c. fimbriatus will be here tomorrow....need some info on care...i know they are burrowers and like humidity...anything else?
They are burrowers. Hel'll make a pretty elaborate tunnel system and web the hell out of everything. Unlike Haplopelma's though, they don't stay in the burrow and are fairly visible most of the time. I keep juvies with moderatly moist peat. I believe they can tolerate being fairly dry though. They are pretty voracious eaters. When caught in the open they retreat into the holes. All in all they are pretty good T's.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Like Hedorah said, somewhat visible burrowers, that'll web alot especially at night. Great critters. Males mature really small too.

Give plenty of substrate, I keep them a bit moist.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sounds like a great acquisition! :D I have a question, how's the attitude on the C fimbriatus you guys have? Seems to me that they are more skittish than aggressive when it comes to that. I've read up owners saying they retreat quickly to their burrow(s) once disturbed, lid is opened, etc. can anyone give some of their experiences with them? It's a beautiful T that's on my future list, I hope you enjoy yours to the fullest GB04! :cool:

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
From what I've seen of juvies and mature males have both been very skittish, and not really much aggression.

My adult female however is a bit more defensive, and will defend the mouth of her burrow from things nearby.

-Sean

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
From what I've seen of juvies and mature males have both been very skittish, and not really much aggression.

My adult female however is a bit more defensive, and will defend the mouth of her burrow from things nearby.

-Sean
Thanks for the speedy input Sean! :D I'll keep that in mind once i get one down the road.

-Andy

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are skittish, but much less stand offish than my C. huahini.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sounds like a great acquisition! :D I have a question, how's the attitude on the C fimbriatus you guys have? Seems to me that they are more skittish than aggressive when it comes to that. I've read up owners saying they retreat quickly to their burrow(s) once disturbed, lid is opened, etc. can anyone give some of their experiences with them? It's a beautiful T that's on my future list, I hope you enjoy yours to the fullest GB04! :cool:
thanks! i will!! i got a great deal on her. shes a 3" guranteed female for $45...how can you beat that?!:D

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine has been pretty moderate, but I've heard some people say they're fast. Hard to powerfeed mine, it hasn't been that keen on eating.