New C. cyaneopubescens Sling Questions!!!

Joelolly

Arachnosquire
I got my first sling in the mail today. It's tiny!(about .5 - .75 inches) Below is a picture of what it was shipped in. I don't feel as if this will be sufficient :( Also, they put a wet paper towel in the container. Should I remove that?
Please shed some light on this for me. I feel as if I've bitten off more than I can chew and I do apologize for that.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That size enclosure will be fine for a while.

Put some coco fiber or peat moss in there, very lightly give one side of it a misting, make sure there's some small ventilation holes, and you'll be set to go. :)

Joelolly

Arachnosquire
That size enclosure will be fine for a while.

Put some coco fiber or peat moss in there, very lightly give one side of it a misting, make sure there's some small ventilation holes, and you'll be set to go. :)
Thank you so very much. How deep should the peat moss be? Also...the lil guy fell outta my hand when I was looking for him in the enclosure and took about a 3.5 feet plunge :( How long before I know if it's hurt or not?

mike w

Arachnopeon
A drop of a sling usually does not yield a injury. Larger T's are a different story. Probably will be ok. I just received a GBB sling last friday myself packed the same way, probably the same vendor? Just buy a small gladware container wash it in hot soapy water poke air holes in the top and sides or use a small drill bit like I did. Add eco earth or vemiculite and a few small pieces of cork bark. Use a washed soda cap for a water dish with some small clean pebbles so the sling doesn't drown. Feed it small crickets and mealworms and watch it grow!!

Joelolly

Arachnosquire
I got mine from a guy named Josh outta Florida. I found him on the classified boards

WeezyTheAvic

Arachnopeon
My GBB are that size and they stared to web with in 5min of being home i have a fake plant for them to web to.:D

Joelolly

Arachnosquire
Yep lol... Mine is webbing now. Looks like it's webbing the lid to the substrate. Will it bother it when I go to feed it and it pulls the web out?

mike w

Arachnopeon
Yup got mine from Josh as well. Mad Drunx. Mine has not webbed anything up yet, but has ate 2 small crickets already.

Attachments

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have 18 of these which ties in with my future breeding program.
I had 20 before but the 4 breedings I was involved with all failed :/
The slings should have slightly damp substrate (a light mist) until they are about 2" when you should move them over to a dry substrate.
They don't need deep substrate, they'll not burrow but some elevated branches will encourage webbing. Don't worry about destroying the webbing, they'll web again.
They are great eaters, the only time they don't is when they're coming up for a moult, so that's a good indicator.
Definitely my favourite terrestrial, even though its semi-arboreal. Have fun

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yup got mine from Josh as well. Mad Drunx. Mine has not webbed anything up yet, but has ate 2 small crickets already.
Not telling you what to do but thats a big hide for a tarantula sling.. It could possibely fall or tip over and crush the sling just sayin...:eek:

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
also slings dont need a hide until about a couple inches. most slings will burrow up to that point anyway..

felmor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Also, they put a wet paper towel in the container. Should I remove that?
Please shed some light on this for me. I feel as if I've bitten off more than I can chew and I do apologize for that.

they put the tissue paper for the sake of your Ts dude.. It is to avoid "something" that we don't want to happen on our Ts while on shipping.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
burrow? ive not had 1 burrow and Ive had over 40 of them.

2-3 crickets per week is fine

boonbear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't come down hard on the seller for what he shipped the T in. It was plenty big enough. Most people ship them in tiny vials. They do this to keep them from rattling around.

You really want to keep it's enclosure small. I don't think it stresses the T like some do, but it does make it a bit harder for them to find the food.

Even though you already know it's webbing, just wait. They web so much. I love GBBs. Probably my favorites as far as looks and webbing. Great choice.

Joelolly

Arachnosquire
Thanks for all of the helpful posts. I wasn't complaining about the way it was packed in any way. I apologize if it seemed that way.