New book! 'Tarantulas of the World'

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
well it arrived! 5 days early too, super excited to read through and look at all the gorgeous pictures! anyone else have this book? how do you like it?

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well it arrived! 5 days early too, super excited to read through and look at all the gorgeous pictures! anyone else have this book? how do you like it?
I purchased it October 2015 it's a great book with some fantastic information, it's even caused me to put away my tkg

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
IMG_20161215_200847700.jpg
Size comparison
IMG_20161215_201019397.jpg
Just a couple of the amazing pictures this book is full of!
It'll take me a while, but I'll finish it!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
If anyone's interested, this seems to focus a ton more on the science side of tarantulas, not much care info. it tells you how to identify certain sp. and everything you ever wanted to know about anatomy but it only has 2 pages on care info. it does however, give you a picture key to 300 different sp of theraphosidae, guess that spider is going to get a whole lot easier. ;)

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
If anyone's interested, this seems to focus a ton more on the science side of tarantulas, not much care info. it tells you how to identify certain sp. and everything you ever wanted to know about anatomy but it only has 2 pages on care info. it does however, give you a picture key to 300 different sp of theraphosidae, guess that spider is going to get a whole lot easier. ;)
Yeah Venom, this book is going to be the one I have...soon.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
£68 is redicilous for any book IMO. I saw it but didnt buy it :greedy:
Its almost 500 pages long, hard cover, tons of color photos and a lot of technical text. It's well worth it, but I collect all tarantula related literature so I'm a bit bias.

Later, Tom

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Its almost 500 pages long, hard cover, tons of color photos and a lot of technical text. It's well worth it, but I collect all tarantula related literature so I'm a bit bias.

Later, Tom
Agreed. This is mostly info available in digital format found on the internet for free. It would be good to have a book to read in truth. Though I still think £70 posted is a bit much. Respect to the Author/s of course.

EDIT: I also think having to search all sorts of different websites for relateable info from here and there is tedious. It may just be worth it.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Yeah, I'd have a time shelling out that much for a book. I HAVE, but only for signed limited editions by a famous author that I'm a big fan of, and the books have appreciated quite a bit. Plus, that was in the past when my cash-flow was more solvent, I'd not be able to do so now. But I'd like to have that tarantula book, just the same.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel

Later, Tom
No no, Tom. This is the book I was whining about earlier this year. Well, not this one, but something like it.
I. Must. Have. It.
Besides, 500 pages is nothing;)
Ever have to read "War and Peace" for school. Gods....

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I'd love this book, I really would... but $100 is way too steep. I would have paid a pretty penny for it, but not that pretty.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
used to cringe having to pay that for college textbooks. Never would I willingly pay that for A book.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I want that book, but good god, a hundred bucks? I have the internet and a tarantula "want list"