New boa

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sweet! I have a female hypo motley from '09 that is ph anery. Gorgeous animals!

How big is your girl? Seems to me the motleys grow fast and get rather large comparatively. Still scratching my head on that one.

jere000

Arachnosquire
Sweet! I have a female hypo motley from '09 that is ph anery. Gorgeous animals!

How big is your girl? Seems to me the motleys grow fast and get rather large comparatively. Still scratching my head on that one.
Not really for the most part motleys grow the same rate as the rest of boas?What kind of feeding regimen do you have him on?She is tiny like maybe 4 feet I hope that she hits around 5 feet come next breeding season.I will probably breed her to an albino I just have to buy one first lol.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My '09 eats weanlings weekly and has surpassed the 4' mark. Most other motley owners I know have had similar results. We don't power feed. Meal size is small enough there is no lump. She's already passed my '08s in size. It's crazy.

jere000

Arachnosquire
My '09 eats weanlings weekly and has surpassed the 4' mark. Most other motley owners I know have had similar results. We don't power feed. Meal size is small enough there is no lump. She's already passed my '08s in size. It's crazy.
I never feed boas weekly age nor size matter I find that to much food.Most people only feed weekly for the first year but I see no reason they grow healthy with every two week feedings from a younger age.Although for new born boas I would probably do weekly for the first 2 months of their life.Your little girl seems to be right where my 08's are at crazy i don't know what to tell you my guys who is 6 months old is growing at an average weight?

Last edited:

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I feed small compared to body size, so that helps me get away with it some. Note: 4.5' female still on weanlings. I generally don't go every other week untill 2 years of age. Though, I have a feeling I start much sooner with this girl.

jere000

Arachnosquire
I feed small compared to body size, so that helps me get away with it some. Note: 4.5' female still on weanlings. I generally don't go every other week untill 2 years of age. Though, I have a feeling I start much sooner with this girl.
Oh a weanling my bad that might be a little small?lol good body weight though.I like to see a bulge for my boas post some pictures of her up.Motleys are my favorite morph and I only have two.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, I only have one. :(. I'm motley poor!

Will do when I get a chance.

The reason I feed so small, especially when young is to prevent any chance of regurge. More or less for my own security. She still has a great body weight. Very svelte!

jere000

Arachnosquire
Well, I only have one. :(. I'm motley poor!

Will do when I get a chance.

The reason I feed so small, especially when young is to prevent any chance of regurge. More or less for my own security. She still has a great body weight. Very svelte!
Nice I'm pretty motley poor to.I just got my first motley one or two months ago and then this week I got the female hypo motley.I only paid $360 for the female hypo motley though lol.So I guess I kinda of cheated instead of dropping 1k on her I spent a third of that.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How did you get her so cheap? I can't even find normal motleys for that!

jere000

Arachnosquire
How did you get her so cheap? I can't even find normal motleys for that!
Normal motleys only cost like $250.I got her in auction the person who held the auction maybe having another one soon.:DMe and you have just been having a little conversation with ourselves on two post now lol.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well...I also want the motley boy het for anery...

Yes we have! It's been fun, but I need to get some sleep in. Lol