New Bishopi

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Today I recieved 3 4th instar L. bishopi. They are so cute and show the brilliant red coloration already.

If anyone would care to share some care tips I would greatly appreciate it.

Right now I have them set up in 32 oz deli cups. They have plastic vines for them to crawl on.

I look forward to your input.

Tom

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
those are very awesome widows:clap: you got them setup right,they like it alittle on the dry side,light misting,good ventilation ofcourse,and feed them pretty good,they will do great,good luck with them:)

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I think you have them in too large of a container. Were they shipped to you in small dixie cups with a mesh screen across the top? If so, I would put them back into those for awhile. It's much easier for them to catch prey in a small container. I personally prefer the cups to not have paper toweling on the inside.

I know they are not as easy to see in the small opaque cups but they will grow fast and soon be ready for a larger enclosure.

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think you have them in too large of a container. Were they shipped to you in small dixie cups with a mesh screen across the top? If so, I would put them back into those for awhile. It's much easier for them to catch prey in a small container. I personally prefer the cups to not have paper toweling on the inside.

I know they are not as easy to see in the small opaque cups but they will grow fast and soon be ready for a larger enclosure.
Ditto on that advice!
Although, I have had great results using the tiny deli-cups with a small bit of crumpled paper towel for them to hide in and build their web. When I want to give them a little moisture I simply place a small drop on the paper towel and it absorbs in. Once they notice, they will drink it up.
You have to be careful though to not let the paper towel pieces get too gross. Ventilation is key with this species IMO.

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ditto on that advice!
I have had great results using the tiny deli-cups with a small bit of crumpled paper towel for them to hide in and build their web.
That makes sense. I'll try that. I was talking about using paper towel to line the cup.