new behaviors-???

Daisey_Boo222

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my adult corn is addopting some new behaviors. I don't know if it's normal, out of stress, or if he's just trying to cool down:? . He's putting his head in his water dish and thrashing his neck and head back and forth. call me crazy:} - but I'm a little bit concerned. I would greatly appreciate feedback on whether I should worry.

thanks so much :D

Last edited:

Snakefox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Is the water dish big enough for the entire snake to fit in? If not you may want to try a larger bowl. Corn snakes "as with most snake" like to have enough water to submerge there entire body.

Also you can try rearangeing how the cage is set up . I have worked at a reptile vet. for many years and some odd behavoir is cured by that alone.

Also make sure that his substrate isn't sticking to his face that can drive some snakes batty.

Daisey_Boo222

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well the dish is not big enough for his whole body, but we are starting our trek to Seattle from Kansas tomarrow- and he's in his box for travel (not that he would have access to the dish from the pillow case while we're driving anyway). I do, however, normally have a large flat water dish for him in his tank. though I've really never seen him lay in it. He may just be stressed from the new enviroment. What do you think I should do?

thanks for your advice:D

Daisey_Boo222

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
and luckily I had some reptibark left- So it's far too large to stick to him.