New Beetle Keeper!

beetleburr

Arachnopeon
Hi guys! I'm new to the scene, I've only kept fish and cats before, but I am obsessed with bugs. I never realized that since I have my own space now, I could have a few of my own! I have a leftover nano tank, about 4 gallons long, and I'd really love to keep Blue Death Feigning beetles. They're the cutest things I've ever seen. But I just can't find them anywhere! I also need some advice on how to set up their tank. I live in upstate New York so there's plenty of nature around. I want to use a lot of natural aspects like rocks and bark from the woods. Any advice at all would be awesome, especially on reputable breeders. 💙

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
I think bugincyber space have them

For some of the beetles you might want to learn how to make your own flake soil, it's pretty useful for a lot of beetles

Schiem

Arachnopeon
I'm also seeing them available at swiftinverts and thespiderroom.

Bugsincyberspace has a video on their blue death beetle page about how to setup a communal desert tank.

If you're looking to breed them, people have just recently started to share some success stories. Here's one of the videos in a series that outlines how to do it: