New baby P audax!!

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had been thinking lately about how my dad put my last jumping spider outside, so <edit> cruel, and I really wanted another one but its December here now. Just about 30 minutes ago, I saw a spider slowly zooming down from the ceiling on a directly vertical web, and I was spooked for a second because I'm not completely used to true spiders, then I remembered its really only jumping spiders that web this way. I looked closer and it was a tiny Phiddipus audax!! I assume seeking shelter from the storm outside. I caught him, and after a 5 minute scare where he jumped away, against all odds I actually found him again. I have him secured in a bigger jar now and going to get some crickets and branches tomorrow!!! I will post some pics then.

Last edited by a moderator:

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This morning it fed for the first time! The only pics I have now suck, but he has built a hammock under a big leaf and he goes there to sleep every night. I looked in this morning to see him munching on one of the crickets. This species is always such a good feeder in my experience.

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is the 2nd cricket he has eaten now!! This species always has such a great feeding response. Look that little spider butt lol!

Attachments