New baby :D

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Got this little one the other day. First new tarantula in a long time. Eating like a champ already. Custom tank I made from a model car case. Too bad their butts don't stay this colorful :) 20170303_212021.jpg

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Well, you could also get a D. pentaloris to go with it and it will keep the orange and black booty with the nice pattern.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
^^^will definitely be something to keep an eye out for. I love the colorful t's.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
^^^will definitely be something to keep an eye out for. I love the colorful t's.
I should have mentioned that the name just changed in 2016 and a lot of breeders are still selling it as C. fasciatum, so it could be under either name.

boina

Lady of the mites
Yes, tell us the species of your new arrival, please :)

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
pamphobeteus sp. goliath
Thought I posted that in the original posting. Anyway, loving the little guy.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Molted today. He molted in the hide, but I can clearly see he made it out ok. The orange looks to be gone from his butt already. Darn. I'll post pics when he hardens and leaves his hide.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
Molted today. He molted in the hide, but I can clearly see he made it out ok. The orange looks to be gone from his butt already. Darn. I'll post pics when he hardens and leaves his hide.
Dang my Pamph still has the orange on its butt at 3.5" What's your guys DLS? The adult coloration probably starts coming in at different sizes for different species too which might be why.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
20170404_172546.jpg pretty decent preservation, so I can remember his neat colors. And yes, it's a boy. Oh well :)

Leila

Arachnobaron
View attachment 235972 pretty decent preservation, so I can remember his neat colors. And yes, it's a boy. Oh well :)
Omg, I am indeed delirious!

I just scrolled to this photo and my brain went haywire, like "AGGGHHHHB WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS NEW HEALTHY SPIDER???!?! NooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOO, it Cannot be dead already!!!!"

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::bag:

"Oh, heh...heh...it's that molt he mentioned a few comments above..." :confused::dead:

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Dang my Pamph still has the orange on its butt at 3.5" What's your guys DLS? The adult coloration probably starts coming in at different sizes for different species too which might be why.
Quite a bit smaller than 3.5"

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
That's a nice specimen, I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding him a mate in the future! ;) very sought after species for good reason , man I gotta get one of these

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
Quite a bit smaller than 3.5"
I have a suspect fem P. sp machala so there can be a number of reasons why mine still has the xmas tree abdomen. You did a great job preserving the exuvia BTW. It looks good