New Avic!

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Picked up this little A. avic female sling, jumping back into trying avics. Here's her home (please tell me if I missed anything) and here she is dining on a cricket!
avic2.JPG
avic.JPG

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Tox! You're alive! :eek: :D

Looks good, personally I would add some leaves for clutter at the top of the bark.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Awesome! Cross ventilation is a must with these guys.
im pretty sure its been proven to be nothing. you could have all the vent on one side and have the same amount as spreading the holes all around the cage.
good pickup Tox. an A avic is what got me hooked on Avicularia instead of Poecilotheria.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@Toxoderidae

As others wrote, ventilation to provide good amount of air exchange and more leaves up at the top. I drill holes in the plastic, and stick the "stem" of the plastic plant into the hole via hot glue.

Hot glued cork to the sides is a real pain the rear to clean once they spray poop all over. I removed all the cork bark I hot glued to the plastic walls. The plants not so much.

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
I love avics. Due to me running out of space the only thing I am looking for are avics at the moment. Such a nice genus. I guess everybody has his own favorite genus but for me you can never have enough avics.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
I used to be so "meh" about avics. But then I found a new appreciation in a 1.1 diversipes pair I picked up, and then re-apreciated my Metallica which was my 2nd tarantula. I'm probably going to end up snagging some more in 2017

Abyss

Arachnoknight
That's an awesome idea! I'm seriously going to do this. I've been trying to figure out how to get the leaves to stay up higher in the enclosure for my little avic.
Thats one of the ways i do it for the enclosures i build :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's an awesome idea! I'm seriously going to do this. I've been trying to figure out how to get the leaves to stay up higher in the enclosure for my little avic.
Thanks. If you have questions feel free to ask me. It's VERY, VERY easy to build your own basic T home for Avics. If you can use a hot glue gun, a razor blade and a drill (in my case) then you can make your own and save yourself the money. Plus, it doesn't take a long time at all, a few minutes and you are done.

Just ask @Trenor, his setups went from a bit basic to more advanced with little more than a ZooMed bark product and zip ties or glue for his smaller arboreals. Plus they look nice. It's all very easy.