New Avic

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I nipped out to get a coir block from the pet shop along with cork bark and came back with a new Avic :rolleyes: I wouldnt normally buy from a pet shop but I'm a total sucker for a cute, fluffy avic so it came home with me. :D

The guy said it was a purple pink toe but it looks like a peru purple to me. What do you think? Aint she cute?

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Avicularia bicegoi?

:clap: :clap: :clap: Great find!

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks Bob :) The more I look at her the more I see Peru purple. Here is a couple more photo's taken in daylight

DanCameron

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well she is just adorable! I'm a huge Avic. fan. So congrats on this fine specimen! I think it's a Peru Purple, but I'll do some research into it and hopefully get back to you on it.

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey, Elaine!

I was going to say, braunshauseni, but when I ran back to look at mine, it really didn't look all that similar. You're probably "spot" on with the purple...

In any case, it is a VERY beautiful specimen. Congrats on the "pet shop" buy!!

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
do peru purples also have bands on them?
Those arent bands. I can see bands on my bicegoi slings now they are getting colour but not with this bigger one. I'm still seeing peru purple. It may be the lighting that is showing the leg joints as bands but cant be seen in person. xx

Well she is just adorable! I'm a huge Avic. fan. So congrats on this fine specimen! I think it's a Peru Purple, but I'll do some research into it and hopefully get back to you on it.
Thanks Dan :) Let me know what you find out xx

Hey, Elaine!

I was going to say, braunshauseni, but when I ran back to look at mine, it really didn't look all that similar. You're probably "spot" on with the purple...

In any case, it is a VERY beautiful specimen. Congrats on the "pet shop" buy!!
Hi Fred
Nice to hear from you mate. Hope all is good with you :)

Thanks for the compliments on my new girl. I wont be rushing back to the pet shop any time soon though. Way too tempting especially when they are selling a peru purple for the price of an A. avic :D xxx

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Update

Well this little Avic had his ultimate moult yesterday :wall: :wall: I'm gutted. On the bright side, he will be going out on breeding loan :)

Ray Gabriel had a look at the pics and reckons this little guy is a Peru purple. He looks so much more purple since moulting so I will post pics in a few days once he has hardened up.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry to hear he matured so soon, but hey, if you get a good sac, you'll have tons of little babies for the price of an avic avic!!! I still say it was a great deal either way. Hope your beeding is successful!

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Like Truff said...it was a great deal - either way!
I only WISH that our pet stores offered sp. like this!!! :wall: :wall:
You still make me green with envy over your avics, Elaine! I'll catch up sooner or later! {D
~ Rochelle

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry to hear he matured so soon, but hey, if you get a good sac, you'll have tons of little babies for the price of an avic avic!!! I still say it was a great deal either way. Hope your beeding is successful!
Thanks hun :) There are a few people interested in him for breeding loan so fingers crossed xxx

Like Truff said...it was a great deal - either way!
I only WISH that our pet stores offered sp. like this!!! :wall: :wall:
You still make me green with envy over your avics, Elaine! I'll catch up sooner or later! {D
~ Rochelle
Thanks Rochelle :) This is the first spider I've bought from a pet shop so maybe I was just lucky and got there on the right day :D xxx

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry about the disappointment... but hope that all future breeding plans go well. Then, you'll have even MORE avics!!!! These ones will have "boots"!

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry about the disappointment... but hope that all future breeding plans go well. Then, you'll have even MORE avics!!!! These ones will have "boots"!
Thanks Fred
It would have been nice if he had been a she but no worries. As you say, I may get loads of babies :) xx

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It does look like one of the sp. "Peru purple"...which incidentally may be the actual/original A. urticans ;) .

Chris