New arrivals!

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
Just got several new scorpions to start a small scale breeding project. Including my first hot species.
H. Longimanus (1 male, 1 female both adult WC)
C. gracilis ( 1 male, 2 female)
B. Jacksoni (unconfirmed male and female)
Tityus stigmurus
Hottentotta hottentotta

Sorry for poor picture quality, I'm neither a photographer or in possession of a decent camera.

Attachments

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Mind showing enclosure setups for each of them? Just picked up a C. Gracilis myself .

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
Mind showing enclosure setups for each of them? Just picked up a C. Gracilis myself .
This is the C. Gracilis tank. I took the best picture I could with the tank being in a cabinet. It's a 10 gallon tank with plenty of wood to hide and climb, I'm hoping they'll live together with out any cannabalism, and breed.

Attachments

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Nice. Got mine in a 2 and a half gallon tank. Vertical bark. Water dish. Etc... smaller versions of yours basically. I just need to reduce the ventilation from the lid. Dries up quick

Attachments

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Question... When I picked him up the other day. I didn't notice until I got him that one of his pedipal has a bend to it. I'm not sure of its slightly broken or not. Think this will molt out ?

Attachments

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
Nice. Got mine in a 2 and a half gallon tank. Vertical bark. Water dish. Etc... smaller versions of yours basically. I just need to reduce the ventilation from the lid. Dries up quick
Try plastic wrap, cover 2/3 of the lid with it. Or find a hardware store that sells acrylic and use that as a lid with a few drilled holes for vents.

Question... When I picked him up the other day. I didn't notice until I got him that one of his pedipal has a bend to it. I'm not sure of its slightly broken or not. Think this will molt out ?
Assuming he's not an adult then yeah he should molt out of it. But even if it's bent or broken as long as he is able to eat then there's nothing to worry about

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Yea I'm just going to wrap it. I don't believe it's an adult yet. Hese a bit small so hopefully. I test fed him when I sett his enclosure up to see if he would still use it and he did so should be fine

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
Yea I'm just going to wrap it. I don't believe it's an adult yet. Hese a bit small so hopefully. I test fed him when I sett his enclosure up to see if he would still use it and he did so should be fine
Good glad to hear :) they stay fairly small, find a mate and start a communial tank!

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Would love too when I have the available space for it in the room . I have 3 scorps at the moment so all obtained in the last few months so I'm a newbie. I see most people use cheap plastic Tupperware but I fell in love with this setup I saw in YouTube I want to mimic

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
Wow that is pretty impressive, if I had plenty of time and money I would make some really cool enclosures like that. I love live plants in a display enclosure, I have pothos in my P. Dictator tank. Most of my scorps are in steralite containers in my heating cabinet

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Yea it looks like a super clean setup. He has another video where he has 2 of those stacked. I would love to have a wall for all my diff scorps lol

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh excellent man! Those are gorgeous setups!

Just be careful of the venom of the Hottentotta and Tityus! They'll kick your ass hard!

TheScorpionMan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just got several new scorpions to start a small scale breeding project. Including my first hot species.
Tityus stigmurus
Hottentotta hottentotta

Sorry for poor picture quality, I'm neither a photographer or in possession of a decent camera.
Looks like some good, healthy individuals. Good luck with them!

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Tityus stigmurus
Hottentotta hottentotta

Nice additions! A bit jealous. Lol!
I've the first 3 on your list, all cb, always enjoy feeding them, especially the B. jacksoni.
I just started into the "hots" with P. maximus from gromgrom 2 months back.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
Nice additions! A bit jealous. Lol!
I've the first 3 on your list, all cb, always enjoy feeding them, especially the B. jacksoni.
I just started into the "hots" with P. maximus from gromgrom 2 months back.
I love the B.jacksoni, they are beautiful scorpions. I'd like a P. Maximus, or any parabuthus really!