new arrivals!

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
here's some pics of 3 new Ts i just got today!!!

1st is a 6" female haplopelma lividum:

2ed is a 4" lasiodora parahybana:

and last is a 7 legged 4" female citharishius crawshayi:

thanks for looking!just thought i had to share!

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey your female Citharishius crawshayi is now Pelinobius muticus ;]
-Chris

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey Chris,

Whoa, when did that happen?
Heya Dan,
Couple weeks ago!

Gallon, R. C. 2010. On some Southern African Harpactirinae, with notes on the eumenophorines Pelinobius muticus Karsch, 1885 and Monocentropella Strand, 1907 (Araneae, Theraphosidae). Bull. Br. arachnol. Soc., 15 (2): 29-48.

Summary
The taxonomy of five species of Southern African Harpactirinae and two species of Eumenophorinae from East and West Africa is addressed. Two new species of Harpactirinae are proposed: Harpactirella overdijki sp. n. and Idiothele mira sp. n. Idiothele nigrofulva (Pocock, 1898 ) is redescribed from its types and fresh topotypic material. The previously unknown male of the harpactirine Ceratogyrus paulseni Gallon, 2005 is described. Ceratogyrus ezendami Gallon, 2001 is transferred to the genus Augacephalus and diagnosed from its two congeners Augacephalus breyeri (Hewitt, 1919) and A. junodi (Simon, 1904). The eumenophorine genus Pelinobius Karsch, 1885 is revalidated and proposed as a senior synonym of Citharischius Pocock, 1900. Phoneyusa gregori Pocock, 1897, Phoneyusa bettoni Pocock, 1898, Citharischius crawshayi Pocock, 1900 and Phoneyusa rufa Berland, 1914 are treated as junior synonyms of Pelinobius muticus Karsch, 1885. The monotypic genus Monocentropella Strand, 1907 is treated here as a junior synonym of Eumenophorus Pocock, 1897.

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey your female Citharishius crawshayi is now Pelinobius muticus ;]
-Chris
i'm not gonna call it that until everyone else does!lol!though i have to say that Pelinobius is easier to say cirtharischius or whatever.

and man,that h.lividum is frieken MEAN!it took me 15 minutes to get it out of the deli cup it came in and into it's new cage.and i got to hear the P.Muticus's(i used it's new name!!!!!) signature hissing.it was pretty cool.