New Arrivals (WITH PICS!)

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Last night while checking all the critters, I found that my OBT pair that have been cohabbing for about two months now are parents. Not sure how many yet, but I'll get a count some time in the near future. The thing I thought was odd, the male was seen in the burrow three days prior to this picture!:wall: He is still with us, and doing well. :? :D

Last edited:

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats! Hope you have tiny air holes in the container so none escape on you.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Way cool! Two months, eh? That's pretty awesome. I had a A avic couple together for a month. When I left a couple of A genics together, she took him fairly quickly. I just wanted to comment how it's awesome these "ferocious" spiders can cohabitate for so long.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good luck getting those buggers out of there or getting her out{D

PIG-

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good luck getting those buggers out of there or getting her out{D

PIG-
No kidding! {D She's not being very cooperative so far. I don't want to stress her too much so I'll take it real slow. I can wait for them to start emerging, and grab 'em one at a time. Eventually, I'll get her out. :wall:

Last edited:

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:clap:

That's really interesting that the daddy is still alive!

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Doesn't that figure that the spider that is called the "Bitey Thing" plays house so well? :rolleyes:{D

If you see them both out, I'd love a pic. ;)

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I finally convinced Moody that her kids would be OK in my care. After about 6 hours, I now have 200 slings in 3/4 oz. containers. (I ran out of containers.) It looks like another 25 or so are left to house.

BillyG

Arachnopeon
OBT's babies looks like indian earth tiger.oh sorry,Chilobrachys fimbriatus:cool:!

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Very cool, now thats a nursery that BITES!!!

Good show

PIG-

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The final count is :eek: 226 :eek: Orange Bitey Babies! Finally all are safe in their little homes. :clap:
My 10 year old Granddaughter will enjoy helping with the feeding. ;)

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
OBT hatch

It looks like I'm gonna have more OBTs. :eek: Seems this pair can't get enough of each other! :rolleyes: As if 227 spiderlings wasn't enough! :wall: (I missed this one (lower right) in the original count. Must've been hiding!)

Last edited:

Kuro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
good luck with all the bitey babies and parents. glad its not me though..like having just 2 of them not over 200

Last edited:

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
(I missed this one (lower right) in the original count. Must've been hiding!)
If I was that sling, I would be running in the opposite direction right now. That's something a child should never have to witness.:barf:{D

Titandan

Arachnopeon
I think that's what the child's trying to do! LOL!

Maybe a good place to film a Southwest airlines commercial... "Want to get away?"

Good catch tomM!