New arrivals - 3 Mourning Geckos

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Since around April last year I had a fully established 12x12x18 Exo Terra in my frog room (aka my living room). Initially, I had planned to get a pair of Ranitomeya but because of that blasted virus, it never happened.
A couple of weeks ago I stumbled over an offer for some Mourning Geckos, and because their husbandry requirements are quite similar to dart frogs, I thought: Why not? ;)
So, I organised some additional food (CGD) and built some more hides for said Exo Terra:

Gecko enclosure.jpg

And today, they moved in... three of them. But I only managed to take a picture of one girl, the others disappeared immediately into the plants. ;)

20210102_MG1.jpg

But although I can't see them right now, I can hear them... they're chirping away somewhere in the broms. So cute! :kiss:

Ian14

Arachnobaron
They will take live food. Just make sure any gap is sealed, they can escape through almost any gap.

Ian14

Arachnobaron
They will take live food. Just make sure any gap is sealed, they can escape through almost any gap.
I had a group of 4 a few years ago. Came in from work after a late shift the day after I got them to find an empty exo terra and 4 free ranging geckos on my living room walls. After a 10 hour shift I was really happy to spend the next hour catching them! This happened for three consecutive nights until I found a tiny tiny gap between a cable and the edge of the cable hole. Once that was sealed it was ok again.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
No worries! I made sure there're no gaps. ;) And they just got some FFFs. ;) They seem to be doing fine. It will get interesting when they start producing eggs which could be as early as a couple of months from now. ;)