New arizona hairy

delta1191

Arachnopeon
I just got a new Arizona desert hairy scorpion and i want to know a couple of tips and tricks to help me take care of them better

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
your best bet would be to post some pics of your current set up.along with using the search function to do alot of reading about your new scorp good luck

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I just got a new Arizona desert hairy scorpion and i want to know a couple of tips and tricks to help me take care of them better
I know you come on here for advice, but why don't you people do this BEFORE you purchase.

It's like saying "
I've just bought a dog, what do I feed it and do I need to take it for walks ? "

No difference.

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I agree with Dry Desert. This happens way too often on here that people think they can impulse buy and just research later (if at all). But one thing I will say, maybe the most important aspect of keeping this species, is the substrate. It has to be DEEP, at least 10 inches, and most people don't want substrate that deep. It also to be a mix of sand and clay, theres some specific kind of clay they need but I cannot remember, someone else will have to fill in there. Once you have the substrate mix, you have to water it and it has to dry and this takes a LONG time, like 30-60 days. This is necessary so the scorpion can build stable burrows.

So you've already failed, and whatever substrate you have is most likely incorrect. This is WHY you research before buying exotic pets.