New anole setup.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looking good. I just got myself an anole and he (I think) is very entertaining to observe. By the way, what type of water source will you be giving them? I read these guys like drinking from droplets rather than water bowls.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A word of caution. That Cholla wood will mold almost instantly. I found that out the hard way.

Looks nice though.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A word of caution. That Cholla wood will mold almost instantly. I found that out the hard way.

Looks nice though.
I guess that's why I only see them in desert setups or aquariums.

By the way, how many anoles are you putting in there, Tleilaxu?

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I had a setup similar to that with plants, etc, in it for two brown anoles.... let's just say they bred like mad, i had eggs being laid all the time and i'd find baby anoles every so often!

Only problem was that the parents would also find those babies... and they'd eat them if they weren't removed!!!

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am only putting four in their total. Three females and one male. I will keep an eye on that cholla wood but since its under the basking light area, mold may not be a big problem(Crosses fingers)

As for water they get misted.

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
We kkeo choola in a hermit crab tanks at a constant 70% to 80% humidity and have never had it mold. It may be that we mix the eco earth substrate initially with sea water.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do you think they will mate and lay eggs?
Funny story, at a local pet store they had a siamese anole egg for sale, it was 2 eggs joined together at the side. I dont know how the heck the female got it out, I am curious if the anoles that hatched were conjoined or seperate? It was sold before they hatched out.

Picture these yolks as shells.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The females lay eggs quite a bit as it is, and well males are males! :p I am sure to have babies running around. Hopefully the tank is big enough that they can hide and grow up a little. I do think I will be keeping some baby females as replacements when the parents die.