New Agkistrodons

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Got some new babies on Sunday that Ive been really looking forward too. I love this genus, and have wanted some for awhile.

Agkistrodon contortrix pictigaster. The female is the little orange one.(Yes, these are their real colors. The flash only makes them show up the same as they do in sunlight.)

Agkistrodon contortrix. The female is the larger one in this pair. The male is a little pisser. He spent the entire time I photographed rattling his tail, lol.

Joe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree. Especially the female.

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ahhhh, so purty! The male pictigaster is really nice, but the female pictigaster is just my type. I really like her coloration. Have fun with those beauties Sky. I'm jealous! :)

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow Sky- I love the Trans Pecos copperheads (I've always had a weak spot for them and have kept many over the years). The lighter colored one is stunning... there seems to be 2 color phases that we find out west...the Dark chesnut on a lighter brown"ish" background and the chesnut with a silver background...the latter being hands down THE BEST looking copperhead around in my opinion.

Graham

Falyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Beautiful Sky those colors are awesome .. Congrats:D

KUJordan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do you have any A.c. phaeogaster? Maybe second to pictigaster, I think osages are the most attractive coppers with the snow white outline around their bands. That light pictigaster you have is a pretty little fellow. I'm not much for the dark chestnut colored TCs. The only laticinctus I've seen that I really fell in love with was one we found in Sulphur, OK last year. Drop dead gorgeous. Nice collection though. One day I hope to have all 5 subspecies, though it looks like there are about to only be 4 subspecies in the future...

ScorpDemon

ArachnoScorpion
Old Timer
Nice looking animals you have there.
I'm partial to the southerns myself.