new additions

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) hi all
last two days ive been down to a shop ive never visited before to see what Ts they had( hawg n herps ) in leicestershire. walked in , had a look around and then realised i didnt have enough cash to buy all i wanted:mad: so i asked to look at the avicularias and the chap who owns the store placed 4 or 5 different avics in front of me:) but then i realised i could only get one that day:( so i decided on the last versicolour he had because ive wanted one for so long:) .
that was on the friday 11 april , welllll on the saturday i went down again and aquired a nice female p.regalis=D in a glass tank because ive wanted one since my original died last year.it was molting at the time i paid for it so the store had it delivered with shed skin later in the day.
has a note to my fellow leicester T addicts , i was chatting to the owner and he is hoping to set up a deal to aquire more avics and other Ts from germany where he got the first lot from:) basically i want a metallica but i think he only had one left so he wants to get more in because they sell so well.
damn i do gibber on a bit but im =D

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awwwww I've seen BOTH your babies when I went in the other week. That little versi is STUNNING, as is the P. regalis. He showed them both to me when I went in. Did you see his cobalts too? There's 2 of them which are absolutely gorgeous, really metallic blue. He told me that he got most of his rare stock from a bloke in germany too. Seems like he knows his stuff

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) yup they are very pretty:D though i was wondering , with chevrons , avics n pokes do their abdomens start to blacken coming up to a molt ?

Dessicata

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
why not just buy from germany? It would be cheaper for you than buying them from hawgnherp (£35 for a spiderling is overkill).

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) maybe but i still dont fully trust buying online plus i like to see what im buying plus i know where to go and rant at if things arent to my satisfaction:rolleyes: plus maybe im just lazy:8o

Dessicata

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
id much rather buy online, and you're lazier to buy online than to walk all the way to a shop and buy one there. Shops prices are ridiculous, went to my local shop and my friend asked to see the spiders, the woman ended up trying to sell me a 2" A. Geniculata for £28

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) yes shop prices are ridiculous but im rather impulsive at times:8o normally im quite the i,ll wait n see person but if i really want something im just to impulsive n cant wait. one of my many flaws:( but at the end of the day its my money , i earned it and im happy:) . though im on a diet at present and am trying to decide if i should order a pizza tonight:} or just have a few corned beef sandwiches:?

Dessicata

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
id go with the pizza ;) half ham and pineapple, half donner kebab meat and cheese ;)

Manimal

Arachnopeon
Congrats dude. Got the sibling versicolor the weekend before, and one of the Metallica slings. Also saw the Regalis you got. Nice, nice :D

The prices are medium for a shop. Reptile Centre is selling a versicolor, a bit bigger, and not as colourful for £60 with cage. I'm also into instant gratification as opposed to waiting for online packages to arrive :)

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) likes instant gratification too:D had a chicken tikka pizza:} will pay for it by cutting out something to eat during the week.when i was chatting to the proprieter of h,nherps he wasnt to complimentary about the owner of scales n tails. if you wanna know why just ask him next time your in n make your own mind up i guess , though scales n tails are quite expensive as i have mentioned before. since that regalis molted she is much bigger than she was:D but that versi is my fave now though:rolleyes: