New additions

Slimdean

Arachnopeon
So I decided to changed it up. Instead of ordering my usual dwarves, I got b.klassi and emila..... I thought they were defective spiders cause they didn't run for dear life as soon as I opened the container like my other spiders . They just peeked out, climbed on my finger and into their new homes. I'm not used to this kinda behavior, but I'll manage :)

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice additions. Not really familiar with klassi, but emilia is on my wish list. Are you sure you can handle the speed? :laugh:

cold blood

Staff member
Oooooh, B. klassi, very nice addition...possibly the most beautiful of all Brachys (IMO)....emelia ain't bad either;)

Slimdean

Arachnopeon
Yea I wanted a brachy with the red rump and golden carapace (name escapes me) but it was sold out so I got the b.emila. I'm happy with both so far. B. Shroederi is next on the list..... Which went on sale for 50%off ($39) the day after I ordered lol grrrr

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I think B emilia is the prettiest of all brachis. I am partial, since I have one.
She doesn't do much except sit there. But I have seen her ping pong moved, so I guess she does a walk-about during the night.

cold blood

Staff member
Yea I wanted a brachy with the red rump and golden carapace (name escapes me) but it was sold out so I got the b.emila. I'm happy with both so far. B. Shroederi is next on the list..... Which went on sale for 50%off ($39) the day after I ordered lol grrrr
B. albiceps....also a favorite of mine...but klassi is the :bomb: Way nicer than emelia;P

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A couple of great additions you got there i have 8 brachys including the Emilia and schroederi you mentioned but sadly the klaasi isn't 1 that I keep yet.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Nice additions. Not really familiar with klassi, but emilia is on my wish list. Are you sure you can handle the speed? :laugh:
Yes, nice additions. Don't have a klassi either, but my emilia, Maggie, was one of my first. Very docile, and easily handled when the need arises (she'd stay on my hand for hours if I let her). Slow growing, but extremely long lived, you'll have to put it in your will. :laugh:

Good luck. :)

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Just used google-images to view some B auratum pix -- they are lovely! Not sure if all the pix were post-moult or not -- but those colours really popped!

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just used google-images to view some B auratum pix -- they are lovely! Not sure if all the pix were post-moult or not -- but those colours really popped!
They really do pop I would go as far as to say they are the most vivid of my 8 brachys, but my 2 x annitha and my smithi are showing markings but sadly no colouration yet

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Well, I had my heart set on classic B smithi - the decided B emilia was prettiest. Now B auratum may also trump my getting a B smithi. (sigh) I like them ALL!

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I had my heart set on classic B smithi - the decided B emilia was prettiest. Now B auratum may also trump my getting a B smithi. (sigh) I like them ALL!
I did the exact same thing when I decided to get back in the hobby I wanted 3 tarantulas to start with G pulchra (female) Gbb (female) and a B smithi I changed the smithi for an Emilia after I saw a beautiful adult and it took me over a year to finally get a smithi and now I have 2x annitha, B albopilosum Emilia, schroederi,auratum, smithi and a beautiful underrated B verdezi that's full of character

gobey

Arachnoknight
B. emilia is the only Brachy I really want. I had 5 B. albopilosums at one point. Now I'm down to a reasonable 2. But cool as they are. They're just not what you imagine a Brachy to be.

That dark triangle on the Emilia is what gets me
I love it.

I picked up a B. smithi sling. Little bugger is barely a half inch. I can't wait for it to grow. But I know it'll be a loonnnnggg wait.

The Weed Man

Arachnopeon
Brachys are my all time favorite. Like dogs of the t world for the most part. Really the only species I keep, besides g. porteri. Really hard for me to chose favorite but my top 3 would be baumgarteni, klaasi and, annitha. Cant wait for my slings go into the juvie stage. Long lived thats forsure.