New additions

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I picked these guys up last night. $15 for the 3" Liosoma and $8 for the .75"-1" mystery Opisto. It was sold to me as an ecristatus but looks more like a glabifrons to me, who knows. Really hard to tell, he's so small and my camera just won't get good macros. Anyhow...Just wanted to share.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
I have the same mystery O.spp...prob from the same clutch as mine is the same size...I posted a question on Scorp Fans with a couple of pics bec I don't think it is an O.glabifrons nor an O.boehmi/ecristatus...The telson on our guys is very narrow while that of O.glabifrons or O.boehmi/ecristatus is significantly more bulbous and lighter in color.

We'll see if anyone answers my posts is Scorp Fans.

John
];')

Attachments

Last edited:

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea I've been watching you post over there being they look so similiar.

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am by no means an expert in this genus, in fact, I don't keep any, but I would argue that telson size is not a good indicator in juvies. If they're not adults their telsons are going to be much thinner--I don't know why this is the case, but it seems fairly consistent with every one I've seen. Any thoughts?

Chris

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Yeah I have the book...thats one of the things that lead me to think it wasn't any of the more obvious species.

I disagree on the telson size thing. In all of the baby scorps I have kept the telsons have roughly the same proportions as the adults of the same species...which is one of the reasons I mentioned it.

John
];')

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Well Tim,

Jonathan Leeming just got back to me on these and believes that what we have are O.carinatus...believes mine is a male at that.

John
];')

AK47

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tim:

Congradulation on your new scorpions....always good to see someone is happy with new arrivals even though it is not mine...enjoy your critters man!!!:D