New additions: Spirostreptus sp Uruguay, Chicobolus Spinigerus Rainbow and Salmon

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
I was able to add Spirostreptida sp Uruguay and Chicobolus Spinigerus Rainbow and Salmon to my collection this week. B7090865-6A93-41F9-872B-6AEF6164A7DD.jpeg D94FF804-1449-46B7-AF1E-A3E3177ED211.jpeg C1E7BEBB-FD8F-44C1-BBEF-F1235339210E.jpeg F88A7528-F402-48A5-9A05-A47372FBF94C.jpeg BF8675BE-5A12-47A9-8FED-EAB0ADAE00E1.jpeg

Last edited:

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Beautiful!

Those Spirostreptidae sp. "Uruguay" look a lot like Spirostreptidae sp. "1".

Thanks for sharing,

Arthroverts

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
Beautiful!

Those Spirostreptidae sp. "Uruguay" look a lot like Spirostreptidae sp. "1".

Thanks for sharing,

Arthroverts
Now that you mention it, they do resemble them. I had to pull out Orin’s book to compare it.

MillipedeTrain

Arachnosquire
Oooooh those are lovely! I fully intend to get some of those species and breed them myself! I love how they look like little zebras 🦓 is the common name for the last orange ones Burmese beauties? If so I’m getting some of those this year !

I’m also getting Spirostreptus sp.1 and they look incredibly close to the orange ones in your last pics!

Last edited:

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I have Ivories that look like your Rainbows but I've heard them called "Purple" I also have Salmon and Orange. It is a major commitment to selectively breed millipedes. Crazy effort, really.

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
I have Ivories that look like your Rainbows but I've heard them called "Purple" I also have Salmon and Orange. It is a major commitment to selectively breed millipedes. Crazy effort, really.
Yes a lot of people call them purples. I usually do. I would love to see photos of your orange. I saw someone on FB earlier this week say they had green!?!

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
Oooooh those are lovely! I fully intend to get some of those species and breed them myself! I love how they look like little zebras 🦓 is the common name for the last orange ones Burmese beauties? If so I’m getting some of those this year !

I’m also getting Spirostreptus sp.1 and they look incredibly close to the orange ones in your last pics!
I agree. I would love to see some close ups of the Spirostreptus sp 1 eyes, mandible, and labrum for comparison.

Moombuh

Arachnopeon
How big does the Spirostreptidae sp. get? I was maybe getting some soon and was looking for helpful info.

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
How big does the Spirostreptidae sp. get? I was maybe getting some soon and was looking for helpful info.
Mine were around 4.5” last time I measured them. They have been buried at the bottom corners of the bin for around 2 months now.