New addition

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Meet Marissa, the African giant millipede. I finally got one! Excited for the journey. I apologize for the horrible picture, more will come soon!

IMG_1792.JPG

mickiem

Arachnoprince
She is beautiful! I am so glad you took the plunge. You will love her. :wideyed:

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Here is a way better picture that shows her size. Feeling all of her legs crawl up my arm was definitely a weird feeling. I got home from work, put on a glove, and then picked her up. Immediately she started to defecate and curled up. I let her be for about 30 minutes. I touched her again and she started to curl up but not all of the way. I gave her ten minutes and then pet her long body. She didn't curl up at this point. When I handled her there was no yellow fluid left behind! Pretty hyped.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
Wow! I get amazed whenever I see a picture of an A.gigas compared to someone's hand or even arm! Glad that its getting used to handling already, hope it does well for you!

mickiem

Arachnoprince
She's nice sized! Careful she doesn't fall, that's almost always a death sentence. I try to never hold mine too far from above something soft enough it wouldn't hurt them if they lose their grip. She is beautiful!