New 10 gallon enclosures.. (Pictures)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have several 10 gallon enclosures just laying around.. I figured what the heck.. Lets put them to use.. So far I only have two of them.. But soon enough.. (Probably later this week!) I will have all four setup.. (Well atleast three! Not sure what I want to use the fourth one for just yet..

Here is the one for my 6" female P. regalis.. (Soon to be bred! :D) The wood in her enclosure is a peice of driftwood that I had in an enclosure setup for a Theraphosa sp. that I was going to get (Decided to hold off on them for now!) so I know it wont mold.. ;)

P. regalis female by rednecklivin08, on Flickr

P. regalis female (2) by rednecklivin08, on Flickr

Here is my 5.5" female P. cambridgei (Soon to be bred as well! :D) The center peice in her enclosure is not real wood.. But it looked neat so I cleaned it up and let her have it.. :D Its a piece that was used for my sister's bearded dragons when she got them.. They never use it.. So.. I figure she will!

P. cambridgei female (2) by rednecklivin08, on Flickr

P. cambridgei female by rednecklivin08, on Flickr

The lids are plexi glass.. Costed me like $7 each.. They were cut at Lowe's like all my other plexiglass lids were.. The peice of plexi I bought had enough extra to make new lids for a couple 2.5 gallons.. :D So I saved it all for when I get a couple more 2.5 gallons.. :cool:

Also.. On a side note... One of my OBTs molted yesterday.. The one that has be destroying all its molts before I could get it to sex it.. Ha! Not this time! I got the molt as soon as I could.. Guess I now have 2 female OBTs.. :rolleyes: Was really expecting this one to be a MM.. But nooo! Anywho! I really love the look of an OBT fresh from a molt.. So.. Here she is! :D

OBT female by rednecklivin08, on Flickr

And her foot.. Not the best shot.. But hey! Its a point & shoot camera.. Cant expect much! :p

OBT female (2) by rednecklivin08, on Flickr

Thats all I got for now.. She has returned to hiding...

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice enclosures and pictures, tommy. and yeah, you just can't beat that vibrant orange OBTs have right after a moult!

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Tommy,
i logged in just so i could say :
AWESOME!:clap::D

And...send me that P. regalis...

Kirsten out.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome Tommy!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

seezilla

Arachnopeon
Beautiful enclosures! :clap: And your OBT is absolutely lovely. I want one someday.

:D

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those look great Red! I loved the pic of the tarsal claws, awesome shot! If you learn how to work with the settings on a point and shoot, you can yield some fantastic pictures!:clap::D

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Cool!!! They look nice!..Except for the first one, well only the water dish..I think one that would blend in with the rest of the enclosure would look better.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice! Your spiders are living the good life. :D

I have a male P.cambridgei that I assume is one molt away from maturing. :D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks everyone! I almost forgot how much fun it is building a new enclosure... I need to buy more critters! :D

And...send me that P. regalis...
Just for you... she is heading your way! ;)

Those look great Red! I loved the pic of the tarsal claws, awesome shot! If you learn how to work with the settings on a point and shoot, you can yield some fantastic pictures!:clap::D
I think with point & shoot cameras... Its most about the lighting.. Better light = Better picture... Well I know thats with every camera.. But it makes the focus better.. :eek:

whats your fave P. irmina or P cam? mines the irmina :D:D
Going to have to say irminia.. Yeah.. :D

Cool!!! They look nice!..Except for the first one, well only the water dish..I think one that would blend in with the rest of the enclosure would look better.
Both enclosures have the same water dish. If you look really hard... you will see the blue cap in the second enclosure's picture. Im not really much of an "artsy" person. So I cant make one to blend in. Im sure it would be a PITA to find a couple bowls to match the enclosure. So. I think I will stick with a bottle cap water dish. Like I do with all my Ts.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Tommy, nice enclosures! Im psyched that some of mine are kinda starting to get big and I'm thinking about getting some enclosures to do some SERIOUS overhauling on the backgrounds!!! As for the waterbowls, there is a cheap, yet very nice touch you could to for your enclosures. I would recommend getting some glass Teelight candle holders and use those as the water dish. Then you can hot glue moss and substrate around the outside to make them blend in or just leave em the way they are. Either way, they would look good!!!

Or you could go to black jungle and check out some of there Jungle Pods they have. IMO they are the best looking water bowl you can find and 100% natural. Cheap as well!!!

Just thought I'd drop an idea or two your way man.

Post some more pics, and maybe some of the next few when you get em done!

Also, is that one of those fake logs you can buy from Petco in the Cambridgei enclosure? It looks pretty good and I was thinking of using some of those in my custom backgrounds when I do them.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tommy, nice enclosures! Im psyched that some of mine are kinda starting to get big and I'm thinking about getting some enclosures to do some SERIOUS overhauling on the backgrounds!!! As for the waterbowls, there is a cheap, yet very nice touch you could to for your enclosures. I would recommend getting some glass Teelight candle holders and use those as the water dish. Then you can hot glue moss and substrate around the outside to make them blend in or just leave em the way they are. Either way, they would look good!!!

Or you could go to black jungle and check out some of there Jungle Pods they have. IMO they are the best looking water bowl you can find and 100% natural. Cheap as well!!!

Just thought I'd drop an idea or two your way man.

Post some more pics, and maybe some of the next few when you get em done!

Also, is that one of those fake logs you can buy from Petco in the Cambridgei enclosure? It looks pretty good and I was thinking of using some of those in my custom backgrounds when I do them.
Thanks for the ideas! :) I was actually thinking about getting some of those candle holders for water dishes.. Just aint got around to picking any up.. :eek: I get into stores and always forget what I am there for.. :rolleyes: I will end up getting a couple one day! :cool:

That is a fake log you can get at Petco.. It looks really cool! I didnt ever think about using it for my Ts until I made that enclosure.. I have another peice of driftwood that I was going to use.. Its a bit small.. So I decided to try that.. It worked & I am happy with it! :D

Im going to go see about getting a couple more for the next couple ten gallons..

I wont be doing the other ten gallons today.. I am going to pick up my new 360! :D Yay! Time for some Assassins Creed 2! Or Halo Reach.. Whichever I decide toget today.. :D

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Awsome, looks pretty good! Gunna have to pick a few up to try out in the zoomeds im buying today! They are the 12x12x18 arboreal setups and they had em going for $30!!! That's half price man, so I decided to buy all the Lincoln, NE stores out! Too bad they only got 3 :( But still the best deal I've seen to date! Gotta love black friday :rolleyes: