Never seen anything like this, what ??

louise f

Arachnoangel
So yesterday i found my Pterinochilus lugardi was sort of trying to make an eggsac. But i must admit i never seen something like this before.

This is freaky. Is she just a bad mom ? Because when they make eggsacs they use to make a lot of webbing and lay the eggs on, but this girl did not web the slightest. Not one single webbing.
And still today they are in the same position. Mommy is watching over them. I feel really bad for her.

So i would believe that these eggs are just bad ? Am i right ? Have anyone seen this before ?

Sorry for the bad pic, but had to take it from the outside.

IMG_20161014_130746.jpg

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Wow, she sure had some wires crossed in her head, huh? I'd imagine the eggs are bad, but I'm looking forward to seeing what others have to say.

I'm sorry this happened :( Better luck next time!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They will be bad most likely. I had an A. hentzi drop a sac for me. She webbed up like normal. However, she did a horrible job at closing the sac.

After she was done, it started pouring out of the sac.

In the end, I took the sac, incubated what was left and all but three did not make it. Those three did though. And they were pretty fierce.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Poor girl, she doesn't have a clue, can't imagine she'll be able to tend them like that, maybe you can salvage them and give incubating a go. I'm assuming she's been bred of course, if not I'd just leave her be till she abandons them.

Andy00

Arachnoknight
Did you recently rehouse her? As you probably know these species web most of the substrate in their burrow and it doesn't look like that in the picture. Weird..... never seen anything like that either

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
Nevertheless, I would try incubating whatever you can salvage from that egg drop soup.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
I had a Psalmopoeus irminia do something very similar. She laid down a very thin layer of silk before laying, and the eggs and the goo all oozed out of the thin sac. She ate what was left the day after. This was her 4th sac, so she wasn't a new mother or anything. She just screwed up. Sorry about your babies.

louise f

Arachnoangel
Poor girl, she doesn't have a clue, can't imagine she'll be able to tend them like that, maybe you can salvage them and give incubating a go. I'm assuming she's been bred of course, if not I'd just leave her be till she abandons them.
Yes she has been bred on. Maybe i will take them and give the incubator a go, i have thought of it.

louise f

Arachnoangel
Did you recently rehouse her? As you probably know these species web most of the substrate in their burrow and it doesn't look like that in the picture. Weird..... never seen anything like that either
No i did not recently rehouse her. It is really strange, because i know how these guys web the crap out

louise f

Arachnoangel
I had a Psalmopoeus irminia do something very similar. She laid down a very thin layer of silk before laying, and the eggs and the goo all oozed out of the thin sac. She ate what was left the day after. This was her 4th sac, so she wasn't a new mother or anything. She just screwed up. Sorry about your babies.
Sorry to hear that about your irminia. :( Thanks friend. <3

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've heard of Ts laying faux sacks, & all the eggs are duds BC there's no insemination.

I have a MM rufilata and a MF striata whose tanks are right next to each other. They both wake me up at night tapping back and forth to each other. I was told if I didn't separate them there was a chance of my MF laying a pseudo-sac or being pushed to molt as a result of the flirting. Hasn't happened yet but we'll see lol.

I don't see why other species can't lay dud sacs. Is ur lugardi in the the vicinity of a MM of the same species/genus close by?

louise f

Arachnoangel
I've heard of Ts laying faux sacks, & all the eggs are duds BC there's no insemination.

I have a MM rufilata and a MF striata whose tanks are right next to each other. They both wake me up at night tapping back and forth to each other. I was told if I didn't separate them there was a chance of my MF laying a pseudo-sac or being pushed to molt as a result of the flirting. Hasn't happened yet but we'll see lol.

I don't see why other species can't lay dud sacs. Is ur lugardi in the the vicinity of a MM of the same species/genus close by?
She was mated a few month back. ;)

louise f

Arachnoangel
I wouldn't even attempt to incubate them...I bet she eats them fairly soon.
She has already eaten them. Better luck next time i guess. :( well maybe I'll just trade her away for another african. That got all the "brain function" working :D