Never give up, Never surrender!!!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The day before yesterday Matthias and I were doing a general check on our T's, and we found our young male P. ornata, Dulari, upside down in his house, with his legs curled tightly into his underside. Matthias gently moved him and he was unresponsive. We assumed he was dead.
His KK was put on the floor and we left the room, when we went in to check the room last night, I picked up the KK and looked into it, it appeared empty, so I asked Matthias if he had moved Dulari's body. He said no. I showed him that Dulari was gone and pointed out that dead T's don't tend to move a lot.
We found him curled up in between the lid of the KK and the plexiglass barrier that keeps the substrate from falling out.
Matthias took him out, and we put him in an ICU with a water dish, and he did drink some last night.
This morning he is looking much better, not curled, although he still seems weak. We are going to leave him in ICU for at least tonight and then possibly see if he will accept being tweezer fed.
Wish our little boy luck!!!!!!!!

DeTwan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sry to hear, hope all goes well!
Sounds like he is trooper, we are all pulling for him!:( :8o

bluegootty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
goodluck mina..mine p.antinious seem to do the same... hopefully mine pull through too.. like u said.. never give up and surrender is just not mine thangs....;)

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
By Grabthar's hammer, you will be avenged....
Exactly!!!!!!!! lol. He seems to be doing well, I just checked on him. He isn't curled, and he is drinking. He still seems weak, but hopefully that will improve if we can get him to accept food.

Blue gootty, I'm so sorry, I hope your T gets better!!!

Detwan and penny's mom, thank you very much. I hope he gets better too. He is my first ornata and the only one I've raised from a small sling.

Last edited:

Sr. Chencho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Glad he's better,

Mina,
For future reference, what do you believe might have caused this state of unresponsiveness? And the fact him coming back to life, is great news. I am glad he is doing much better.
Good luck with him. Keep us posted on his recovery.

Fredster
Not as lean or mean,
Still US Marine!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
@ Snipes, lol, I just love that movie!!! But then again, I have been part of the Chicago area science fiction convention scene for more than 20 years now. So I actually see and know people like that.

Sr. Chencho, I don't know what happened to him. He hasn't been really happy in his new house since he was moved there, he spent most of his time huddled in the corner of the lid of the KK. I don't know if he was ill, or deydrated or both. I hope it wasn't because he wouldn't leave his corner to go to his water dish. I'm going to revamp his housing as soon as he gets better. Deeper substrate, and a hide on the ground so he can hide behind it/ burrow behind it.
He was one of my first pokies and I didn't realize at that time that they will dig and burrow and climb, and need to have places to do all three.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good news!!!!!!! I just went to check on him and he was sitting on the top of the paper towels near the lid, trying to open it.
I picked up the ICU to get a better look at him and he started doing high speed laps around the edges.
He looks bright, alert, and obviously has his pokie speed bursts back!!!!!!!!!

bluegootty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
congrat mina

wow beautiful news mina...hope he will have his crazy appetite back soon .so you would be more sure that s/he is on the right tracks.again congrat ..:clap:

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Final update: We took him out of ICU and put him back in a completely redecorated house. He now has enough substrate to burrow if he wants, a corkbark tube to hide in with open top and bottom, and some big silk ivy leaves to hang out in, and a brand new BIG water dish.
He is back in business and just as spazzy as ever.
Thank you everyone for sharing our concern over our baby. It is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is an excellent question, verry sweet!!!!! I don't think I have any recent pictures of him, although when I just checked on him I got a good ventral look and it looked female to me. I'll make Matthias take some new pics and see if we can get some ventral shots.